Gaming Battery longevity

greyhound

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone know the estimated battery life for cells used with the wiimote?

I was thinking of investing in these considering the wii has two usb ports, but i think they may be too wide to charge simultaneously.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NIntendo says 30 hours with pointer usage, 60 without.
I got about 35-40 with heavy pointer usage (Zelda
biggrin.gif
) on the included alkalines, so I'd say it's about right.

WildCard

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't bother with those...they wouldnt last too long on the Wii. What you need to look at for NiMH batteries is the mAh rating. The higher the number, the longer the battery will last in demanding electronics. These USB-Cells are rated at 1300 mAh, which is quite low for today's standards, not to mention its more expensive than regular NiMH batteries and takes quite a long time to recharge. I suggest to you to purchase this at Target. It is a 15-minute charger and comes with 4 2400 mAh batteries. I am using these on my Wii right now. After a few charge/drain cycles they reach their optimum performance. So far they have lasted over 20 hours while playing Zelda (with rumble on), and they really do take around 15 minutes to charge completely. Additional 4-packs of batteries are $9.99 which is VERY affordable, and Duracell has ones rated at 2650 mAh which is the highest I have ever seen.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
NIntendo says 30 hours with pointer usage, 60 without.
I got about 35-40 with heavy pointer usage (Zelda
biggrin.gif
) on the included alkalines, so I'd say it's about right.

Actually, Zelda would not be heavy pointer usage at all.

Anyway, if you really want to know a good average, check out http://www.xanga.com/yoshismadness

This guy played Wii for a week straight. Says he went through 4 1/2 sets of batteries.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't bother with those...they wouldnt last too long on the Wii. What you need to look at for NiMH batteries is the mAh rating. The higher the number, the longer the battery will last in demanding electronics. These USB-Cells are rated at 1300 mAh, which is quite low for today's standards, not to mention its more expensive than regular NiMH batteries and takes quite a long time to recharge. I suggest to you to purchase this at Target. It is a 15-minute charger and comes with 4 2400 mAh batteries. I am using these on my Wii right now. After a few charge/drain cycles they reach their optimum performance. So far they have lasted over 20 hours while playing Zelda (with rumble on), and they really do take around 15 minutes to charge completely. Additional 4-packs of batteries are $9.99 which is VERY affordable, and Duracell has ones rated at 2650 mAh which is the highest I have ever seen.

These are great batteries for heavy usage. Keep in mind they WILL drain everyday on their own. From my own personal use my 2500 mAh batteries will lose most of their charge after 1 1/2 months of sitting idle. That means everyday the batteries are losing about 2-3% of their charge without any use.

It's okay though, because they recharge so fast you can just recharge them once a month.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
i thought i read somewhere that you SHOULDN'T use rechargable batteries for the wii mote. that its really bad?

i'll look for the source later .

Purple@work

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i thought i read somewhere that you SHOULDN'T use rechargable batteries for the wii mote. that its really bad?

i'll look for the source later .

I remember it saying something like you either couldn't or shouldn't 'charge' rechargable batteries whilst in the wiimote. But not that you shouldn't use rechargable batteries.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

I remember it saying something like you either couldn't or shouldn't 'charge' rechargable batteries whilst in the wiimote. But not that you shouldn't use rechargable batteries.
It says that you shouldn't use rechargeable batteries at all. But you get that with all battery-operated electronics. I've read that same "warning" on the instructions for my TV remote, my photo camera, mp3 player, walkman, all my RC toys, and I've always used rechargeable batteries, with no ill effects.

SilverAnalyst

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My wii manual (uk) only warns agains calcium type rechargable batteries. Other than those it says rechargables are fine, provided you don't charge them whilest in the remote

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: