Hacking Battery Life

Nidoran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've scoured these boards and only found incomplete and biased testing.
Has there been any form of reputable testing done on the Battery Life of Acekard 2.1 and Acekard 2i?

If not, I am more than glad to be part of the testing, as I have recently purchased an Acekard 2.1.
I will be using my new Nintendo DS lite. If anyone with a DSi could help me with this, or post results of battery life, that would be appreciated.

Of course, I'll be testing with varied settings ( brightness, sound, wifi, etc.)

Cheers

-Nidoran

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess i could help i have a DSi...where do you wanna start? Like by playing a DS game for the whole battery life on max brightness no wifi and then doing the same with an ak2i? oh and dont forget about sound but keep it simple on or off.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is difficult to make a reputable test, because there are a lot of variables, like: game used (you should leave the DS playing the intro of a game), brightness, sound, wifi, DMA mode, age of your DS, slot 2 cart (or cover or nothing), battery (original or not), ambient temperature...

lbt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have bought the Acekard 2.1 for a friend and for me, both running Akaio.
Before that, we were using the Slot2 M3 Perfect Lite.

My friend told me that he experienced shorter battery life with his DS with the Acekard, I can't confirm this unfortunately because I don't play that much.

dark_angel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lbt said:
I have bought the Acekard 2.1 for a friend and for me, both running Akaio.
Before that, we were using the Slot2 M3 Perfect Lite.

My friend told me that he experienced shorter battery life with his DS with the Acekard, I can't confirm this unfortunately because I don't play that much.

Maybe he's still got his m3 lite inserted.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if anything, I've found that my DSi has abysmal sleep time with the AK2i. It's basically the same as if it weren't even asleep at all.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Da-Bomb... with the exception of the Cyclo, I think most flashcarts are atrocious for sleep midgame, you're better off saving (or RTS if an option) shutting it off and trying again later if it's going to hibernate for more than 5 minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__