Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Welp, seeing how I've managed to ruin my MP3 player, I've been wondering how well the Vita's battery lasts as a media player? Like, does anyone listen to music on it for a prolonged period of time? I would say I would use it for a total of 3 hours a day for music during classes and such, I would think this would be more than enough but I'm just curious to exactly how long it'd last.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From some brief research, it says that it's about 9 hours battery life when only using music and in standby mode.

In all honesty though, Vita cards are still really pricey, you're much better off using something like a phone or even another handheld if you have it (like a 3DS or PSP). Of course I find dedicated music players are usually the best but condensing your electronics and saving some cash does take priority over sound quality and the like.

I got my info here and it's apparently from the Vita spec sheet, but battery life is usually more reliable when done by customers, the official ones usually seem a bit, erm, "stretched".

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can always get a USB external battery for about $30 which holds 1150Mah (about 1 whole battery). you just plug your USB charger (pending it came with a cable that is for both charging and syncing, which i have seen some d-bag companies not do from time to time) unto it and flip the switch to on. or wait for the external battery to come out for the VITA in a month or so which gives at least a 1Amp input (rapid charge for phones)

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont see why not use vita for music... you do 3hours music will still have around 2hours of games left i guess. though the sheer size of the thing is an issue and sound quality isn't really better than my xperia x10... it is fine until you crank up the volume, then it starts... not behaving right. Unlike my m11x lappy. horay for decent sound cards in laptops :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well, after 2 days of experimenting it seems the Vita can last a long while playing music. Went through about 4 hours of music, coupled in with some Uncharted and Motorstorm RC afterwards for a few hours and the battery was still slightly above half. Not bad, Vita, not bad.

Supernova741

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Allright that's it, something is really wrong with my battery. Mine only lasts like 3 houres top. Gonna return it next week!

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question are you leaving the bluetooth and wifi active with the system in use (not in standby playing) because all 3 of those factors will drain it much faster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1