Battery Indicator Problem M3i_V2_E2 (ZERO)

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by bytestorm, Jun 9, 2010.

Jun 9, 2010
  1. bytestorm
    OP

Newcomer bytestorm Newbie

Sweden
    Just got my new M3i zero card to use with my NDS Lite.
    Battery is fully charged but turns red (the led) as soon as i start the m3i card.
    then i can load a game and everything works nicely but the batteryindicator
    on the ds is red all the time.
    If i let the system go into "screen saver mode" just that the screen gets dark, the led
    turns green again. but as soon as i move any direction or button the screen becomes bright again and the
    battery led turns red.

This seems to happen when i have brightness lvl 4.
    on lvl 1 2 3 it doesnt show. but when on brightest lvl 4 it imidiatly turns the batteryled red.

The batterytime is really good even tho its red all the time... but its quite annoying not to know how much battery
    life that is left.

Any one else experiencing this problem?

I got M3i_V2_E2
    and newest system and core.

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    it seems on some DS units the m3i uses a little more power than it should(could also be microSD related)
    i've heard of the DS powering off because the m3i didn't get enough power when going into standby, but not of the battery led turning red.

most likely the tiny bit of extra power drain makes the amount of power going into the battery checking drop to the level of an almost depleted battery, even though it's not empty yet.
    only ways known right now to prevent this from happening is as you said using a lower backlight setting, and a slower microSD.

3. bytestorm
    OP

Newcomer bytestorm Newbie

Sweden
    thanks for the reply!
    Hmm i just noticed that if i play for 5 min, the indicator gets red on every brightness setting..
    my sd card is a 4gb Sandisk class 2... do i need to try a NON Sdhc card?

4. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    How old is your DS? It could be that the battery is dead also try a original card to test the battery