Batman: Arkham City Release Date.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Nujui, Mar 3, 2011.

Mar 3, 2011
  1. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    According to a update from retailers, the release date is set for October 3rd, 2011.

Here's a quote from the source:

It seems fans of Batman might finally get a clue as to when to expect the return of the Caped Crusader to Arkham.

Multiple retailers this morning have updated their preorder listings for Batman: Arkham City, now featuring a prominent release date of October 3rd, 2011.

This date seems more than a simple placeholder, as it has been spotted at both Amazon and GameStop - and though it falls on a Monday, it's close enough to the usual release day of the week - Tuesdays.

There has been no confirmation from Warner Bros in regards to the date, but that's to be expected. Batman: Arkham City is in development at Rocksteady Studios for PC, XBox 360, and Playstation 3.
    [/p]

Source

I can't wait for this game. I loved the first one.

2. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Can't wait, i hope the system specifications are the same as the first one though.

3. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Loved the first game even though it was kinda linear.

Can't wait for the sequel.

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I feel really bad not having played the first. A few of my friends have it though, I may just nab it from them so I can give it a whirl on my Xbox or wait until I get a new computer and play it on that through, um, "less than legal" methods.

Still, it looks great, and my interest has really been peeking with superhero stuff. I'll be sure to not give this a miss.

5. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    There's a lot of positivity about the first one. I should try it and then check this one out.

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    the first part was the second best pc game i have ever played (AC2 IS first). It seems we will see the release near christmas... very far at the moment but hopefully trailers will keep us entertained

7. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Nice, I cannot wait to play this.

I thought the first Arkham-game was brilliant due to it having everything that makes Batman what it is: it was dark; it had an interesting fighting system; it had stealth; there were many gadgets; it was not too linear and it had some detective-parts, which I think are often missing from other Batman media.

In that game you actually felt like Batman! Amazing work and I hope they can top it with Arkham City...