Bar Code Letter 'E' with OFW 4.01

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by psp101, Dec 9, 2008.

Dec 9, 2008
  1. psp101
    OP

Newcomer psp101 Newbie

Hong Kong
    Hey guys, want to seek some help from the members if somebody knew that before I will buy a PSP, I want to make sure that it can be customized. I found one store selling a mint green PSP with letter 'E' below the voltage on the bar code, after I check and found out that the firmware is ver. 4.01 which is pertains to unhackable (more or less), but most of the google searching that they are only emphasizing letter 'G' with 4.01 is unhackable, is there any one can help me to verify that the letter 'E' with 4.01 can be customized before I buy.... Thanks and appreciate your help in advance.

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I wouldn't risk it, but it's up to you. I would assume it's unhackable, but then again they don't sell mint green PSPs in the US.

3. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    if you are completely sure that letter E is the version code E, then it should be safe.
    firmware version can only bring you a 100% hackable, or not 100% hackable.
    in your case the firmware version is one that appears in both hackable and non-hackable psp's
    but with an E boxcode it should be hackable.

4. psp101
    OP

Newcomer psp101 Newbie

Hong Kong
    Thanks guys for the suggestion, much more secure if I just wait for the latest crack from TA-088 v3 mobo, anyway do you have any news regarding the latest progress on the crack development, if yes can you bless me with the good information to make us all happy as we are all in different places. Again thanks alot............cheers