DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I may be the only person who would actually want to do this, but if there happens to be others who would like to bannerbomb cboot2 apps, this is for you. It also works via disc exploit.

Doing this will allow you to load any app that can be loaded via cboot2 with bannerbomb or any disc exploit.

Download bootmii-booter
Extract bootmii-booter.elf to sd:\ and rename to boot.elf
Download Bannerbomb v1 or Bannerbomb v2
Extract bannerbomb to sd:\
Download cboot2
Extract the /bootmii/ folder to sd:\
Extract the /startup.elf to sd:\
Edit startup.elf with a hex editor, such as HxD
In hex, search and replace boot.dol with load.dol- there are two of them. Or just use this one- startup.zip
Get a boot.dol app, such as Multi-Mod Manager
Extract the boot.dol to sd:\ and rename to load.dol

If using MMM or other wadmanger with a config. Edit the config and change to ios to be loaded to whatever cios you intend to install or remove the ios from the config. Other wise the app will just load on ios36-v16 and reload to the other ios, which could defeat the purpose.
I personly would set the config to load cios236, then place the cios236.wad in sd:\wad. Then in MMM, install cios236 via cboot2, MMM will then reload cios236 and install the rest of your wads with that.

Now put the sd card in the wii, run bannerbomb v1 or v2, or any disc expoit. This will load the bootmii booter, loading cboot2, loading your app. This obviously requires bootmii ios.

Useful for a few things- installing cios, installing crap on hardmoded wiis that don't want to install cios, some brick situations, use your imagination.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was just looking at wiimod, and it is a great app. It also makes this idea so much easier. If bootmii is installed as ios you can load wiimod with ahbprot via cboot2 from disc exploit, bannerbomb, or letterbomb, or any other method you wish.

It is simple as could be. Put the boot.dol and boot.elf of wiimod on sd:\ , add the cboot2 /bootmii and /startup.elf, load wiimod anyway you like. Once wiimod loads, select to load another ios, then load ios254. Now wiimod is running with ahbprot. Hope it helps someone, it has helped me.

Specifically some new wii, the one lacking gc support. This wii seems to install the hackmii bootmii ios, but decides to hang after that. Thanks to the good old cboot2, this person can load wiimod with ahbprot and install anyting they like and just skip the damn hbc if it won't love them. There are probably other situations, but that is mine atm.

edit: apparently I am just stupid at times, I could have done the same thing with MMM a year ago. Assuming the MMM last year loaded ios254 like it does now. Anyway, not the point, just no need to use boomii booter or the like or edit the startup.elf, etc. To much beer for me perhaps.

But wiimod is still the better choice as it give you ahbprot patches, trucha, es-identify, nand, version patch, and whatever else. Cboot2 only give trucha and uninstall.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, one newer wii does not seem to like it much. It auto installs the bootmii ios, then goes through the boot2 check, but the press 1 comes up and the wiimotes never come alive, the log hangs at the last portion of the the boot1/boot2 check with
bootmii version = '1.3'
prepare_bootmii: bootmii_check_boot1 failed: -2
preparations done!

That is it, no wiimotes, after many tries and a long long wait, new batties, resync wiimotes, etc. I thougt someone posted
that it was hacked, but I don't know. Not so easy for this person.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if TT will update the hackmii installer and bootmii since it is now impossible to enter konami code in bootmii with these redesigned wii's.

@mauifrog, if you get the chance, before I do, to rip apart one of these new wiis and take pics then that would be awesome. From the way this is playing out it seems like they must have redesigned the mobo instead of just leaving the spots on the mobo for the GC controller and memory cards unpopulated.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So far these new wiis have had two issues.

-the reset eject power buttons have not worked to navigate bootmii
-the was an issue with lossing wiimote sync when loading apps via letterbomb, hackmii, mmm, wiimod, etc. The issue was only with the wiimotes witht he integrated motion plus inside, the older wiimotes without motion plus had no issue.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see nintendo did something right honestly :) Well at least the cboot2 method works so it is really just a matter of alternate setup when softmodding correct?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

-the was an issue with lossing wiimote sync when loading apps via letterbomb, hackmii, mmm, wiimod, etc. The issue was only with the wiimotes witht he integrated motion plus inside, the older wiimotes without motion plus had no issue.
I'm pretty sure the second one applies to all Wii's, not just newer ones. Also, it's only the most recent models of Motion+ remotes that have the problem.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I did not see any photos in another thread. I know I've asked in a couple but I must not have checked up on the specific one you are thinking of since they were posted. I'll have to go back and look.

Edit: Yeah I looked a few pages back and I couldn't find the thread. If you have a link handy then I'd appreciate it.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

again I must be lucky, because I haven't had a single problem.
Modded about 10 Redisigned Wii's with new model Motionplus.

BTW it's a lame redisign from Ninty.
They even left the CG memory maintanance in the new model....

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
next revision with bootmii. USB Keyboard support for BootMii navigation. Only if the wiimote and power/reset button are not working on these new Wii.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Adding USB keyboard support would be the same amount of work as adding wiimote support. Fixing the front panel buttons (if they are in fact not working, which is highly doubtful) would be much simpler.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Adding USB keyboard support would be the same amount of work as adding wiimote support. Fixing the front panel buttons (if they are in fact not working, which is highly doubtful) would be much simpler.

New Wii's only have the option to install as ios.
Therefore Wii hardware is accesable ( opposed to bootmiiv2 capable Wii's )
It would take little effort to implement this for the bootmii as ios.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

New Wii's only have the option to install as ios.
Therefore Wii hardware is accesable ( opposed to bootmiiv2 capable Wii's )
It would take little effort to implement this for the bootmii as ios.
Regardless of how BootMii is installed, once it is running it is (almost) the same [installed as IOS can't make NAND dump without entering Konami Code, but that is only because it is purposefully crippled for safety reasons]. Either way, it is running on MINI, not IOS (that is largely the point). And MINI does not have USB support, which is why Wii Remotes do not work. It could be added, but someone would have to write a lot of code and add it into MINI to make it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol