Bannerbomb 4.2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by prowler, Oct 7, 2009.

Oct 7, 2009

Bannerbomb 4.2 by prowler at 7:03 PM (4,405 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Bannerbomb is now working for virgin 4.2 Wii's. I tryed it myself, and it is working [​IMG]

Go, Go, Go, Go Bannerbomb - WiiBrew
    Sorry if someone has already posted

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Its a miracle [​IMG]

old

3. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
  4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you'd looked at the myriad of 4.2 guides you'd see that it's well known at this point. Heck, it was pre-released here for testing by comex before it was posted on Wiibrew.

5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Wow. Bannerbomb for 4.2. Deja vu.

6. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Just a question, what happens if you load into the Data Management with this?

7. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    freezes.

also, late!

8. Lothlorian

Member Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OMG your kidding? Bannberbomb v2 for 4.2?

So COMEX's posts here in this forum about bannberbomb v2 last week was true!!!!!!

9. wecrazy

Newcomer wecrazy Newbie

United States
    To any one who can help me. I installed the hackmii v0.6 to my sd card and copied the boot.elf to the root. When I click on the sd card to installed the code it gave me and error saying that my IOS was fake. I donot understand why it is telling me that. Can you help? I am just trying to reinstall the homebrew channel back. I lost my homebrew after I installed the 1.0.6 version. [​IMG]

My Wii is set to
    Firmware 4.2
    dopios v7
    WAD Manager 1.4

10. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    reinstall IOS61 with dop-IOS without applying any patch to it. That should fix it.

11. MrRochie

Member MrRochie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there a way to update to IOS61 without the homebrew channel installed?? The only way I know to run DOP is with the HB channel..... I stumped tooooo [​IMG]

12. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Why not run DOP-IOS through bannerbomb?

13. wecrazy

Newcomer wecrazy Newbie

United States
    Sorry guy's but I am new to this. I just tried to run the bannerbomb and it is telling me that I cannot run bannerbomb on my system.
    Can you suggest another way?

14. wecrazy

Newcomer wecrazy Newbie

United States
    How do you install the DOP-IOS using bannerbomb? [​IMG]

15. blahdc

Newcomer blahdc Member

United States
    Who is going to win the world series the Dodgers or the Yankees? How did this thread get so off topic.....

16. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    Just a post for our new 4.2 friends just joining the scene PLEASE check out these awesome posts they have info you will most def be appreciative of if you are gonna use the new 4.2 bannerbomb

PLEASE READ THESE AS WELL! [​IMG] THANKS ALOT GUYS! (bookmark/favorite these 2 links you will likely return to the pages from time to time for referencing and resources)

Documentation and info you want to know before you post in these forums about bannerbomb or any homebrew
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178862

For people still on a virgin 4.2 WII and want a GREAT GUIDE to help them along heres another useful link:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Best of luck and welcome to the brew scene always remember to make good use of the SEARCH tab on the top right if you get confused or have a question ASK THE TAB FIRST before posting any new topics (to avoid any flammers or trolls n such and 9 out of ten times you will find a thread for your issue or similar already exists! just read the pages of that thread and most of the time you will profit from that also feel free to personal message fellow users you think can help it never hurts and often helps)

17. MrRochie

Member MrRochie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After using Hackmii Installer v0.6... This is the errror I get...
    "No known vunerable IOS' installed ........Will not use fake signed IOS due to security reasons"
    This blocks you from completing bannerbomb and installling the HBC... Probably same issue as wecrazy is having.... any ideas on how to install of fix this ??

18. dai-a

Member dai-a GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Install a fresh IOS61 via DOP IOS

And why do people use cioscrap D:?

IF you have Rev14 and Preloader you can run backups through the disc channel without cioscrap

19. rookrook

Member rookrook GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you may be correct but i find i get more games loading threw disc channel with cioscrap than with rev14 and preloader then im forced to use a backup loader .. and i know you are going to say then wh ynot use backup loader ,and i will say why should i if i dont have to ...

20. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    your right rook its a choice and while it CAN be a problem Cioscorps can also be a blessing without it you simply WILL NOT have the same compatibility if your a softmod user..While its find to be a follower (if thats your thing) You might be better to examine your own console and resources before dismissing cioscorps as "crap"

Its all fine and dandy to make jokes about it but at the same time dont push your views on others simply because they disagree with you! Again its a matter of choice and sacrifice if your a competent end user you can use CIOScorps with no problems...

Boils down to this: If your a big pirate you know why CIOSCORPS is a god send for making your accessibility and compatibility increase the real question is do you like you proverbial wii egg scrammbled with a side of piracy or hard boiled with a side of patients for compatibility LOL

Its not CRAP its an option and no one is forcing you to use it but dont act like Cios rev 14 is the BE ALL TO END ALL as far the comparison to a console WITH cioscorps and rev 14 it would prob run more games properly with corps than without it any day...so how do you like your eggs?! LMAO