Hacking Banner Editing Tutorial

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me too, got this to work perfectly thanks!! But no sound (glad its not just me) i tried repacking sound.bin and everythign, but no sound happens anytime i unpack/repack somthing, not just with these .app files etc. Aside from sound all we need now is fixed savegame file!
biggrin.gif

Badges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'v allways got an 'Killer Instinct' under my banner. I want to put my own name under the pic. In the channel, the icon-name is correct. Any ideas?

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Badges said:
I'v allways got an 'Killer Instinct' under my banner. I want to put my own name under the pic. In the channel, the icon-name is correct. Any ideas?

you need to hax edit the blyt\banner.brlyt file there is the info that will be displayed (Players,release year,Game name)

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prime said:
Do you ever think the english tools will get fixed?

EDIT: Erm, before i end up bricking my wii:

In the icon guide:
QUOTE said:
6.4. Click "Create Archive" (Crear archivo) and overwrite the banner.bin file in the 00000000_app_out folder.

you mean overwrite the icon.bin? because we are working with the icon, you are not touching the banner in the icon guide and you unpacked the icon at the start not the banner.

QUOTEFollow steps 7.1 through 10 for “Editing the Banner” to finish off the WAD.

why follow those steps? they are replacing the banner. don't you mean steps 8 through 10?
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Prime. You're right, it sould be Icon.bin instead of Banner.bin.

Edited
smile.gif

Kekkon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried following Badges tut(since the first one didn't work for me) and I'm stuck at extracting the banner.bin (step 5) because the program gives me an error:

Run-time error '6':
Overflow

any ideas?

Maybe it's because I didn't use the 00000000.app that was with the progs? Because the game I'm making the banner for is Genesis which doesn't have a file in there.

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The program you're using is U8 extractor right?

That error appears when the banner.bin is encrypted. My tutorial shows that you can extract the banner.bin by using gbalzss to decrypt the file first. Check the second spoiler.

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what I do, I always get a black screen for the banner when I try doing a VC. I've known the method for quite a while, but never posted a tutorial because I couldn't get it right myself.

I've substituted different tools, tried exactly the ones here, used different clean WADs, etc, always get a pitch black banner. Someone must know the cause of this. I'd appreciate it if you could enlighten me.

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The generated MD5 header is wrong. (Except for the random 2/5 times). It seems to be a flaw in U8 packer. I'm working on a fix and should have an updated tutorial this weekend.

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kekkon said:
I tried following Badges tut(since the first one didn't work for me) and I'm stuck at extracting the banner.bin (step 5) because the program gives me an error:

Run-time error '6':
Overflow

any ideas?

Maybe it's because I didn't use the 00000000.app that was with the progs? Because the game I'm making the banner for is Genesis which doesn't have a file in there.

could you send me the injected rom? maybe i can fix it for you:D

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NIMIKQ said:
O.k. Using this guide I got this banner to work but there is no sound. Any ideas?

Anyone having any luck with this? Ive tried a few things myslef but no luck thus far, im fairly convinced its a problem with the packer and/or unpacker, gonna try the ones inside the autoinjectuwad prog, they keep the sound after unpacking.

Also save game file, i know its in 0000005.app but what size is it and is it the entire banner you see on the wii, that has the text logo "super nintedo" (or any other VC system) on it or just the small one inside that?

NIMIKQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skater4599 said:
NIMIKQ said:
O.k. Using this guide I got this banner to work but there is no sound. Any ideas?

Anyone having any luck with this? Ive tried a few things myslef but no luck thus far, im fairly convinced its a problem with the packer and/or unpacker, gonna try the ones inside the autoinjectuwad prog, they keep the sound after unpacking.

Also save game file, i know its in 0000005.app but what size is it and is it the entire banner you see on the wii, that has the text logo "super nintedo" (or any other VC system) on it or just the small one inside that?

Yes I got a tip from Jayparadox saying that no sound is caused by a bad IMET header. Could someone get on this. Also I have the same question about the save game image.

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
The generated MD5 header is wrong. (Except for the random 2/5 times). It seems to be a flaw in U8 packer. I'm working on a fix and should have an updated tutorial this weekend.I don't think that's my problem. I made checked the MD5 by calculating it with another app and it matched.

bobitos said:
Odd. When I run WAD Unpacker, I only get the *.cert, *.tik, *.tmd and *.trailer.Yea, don't use that BAT file, it doesn't work for me either. Open a command prompt, get it into that directory, and use a syntax like so:
CODE
wadpacker 0001000146414250.tik 0001000146414250.tmd 0001000146414250.cert out.wad -sign

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.