Hacking Banner Editing Tutorial

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried several more times now, this is just not working for me, i can never get it past that ret = -4100 error. Not even a black banner or anything, Only thing different is that i have windows xp and not windows vista, i cant imagine that being a problem, but could it? I've tried on 2 diff xp computers now with same results everytime
hate2.gif

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've translated all of the Spanish tools in the download to English. Hopefully this makes them a lot easier to use. I put all of the WAD Packer and WAD Unpacker files into separate directories, but if they need to access the rest of the files they might need to be put back in the same directory as the rest. Feel free to link to these in the first post.

Download: English Bannertools (MediaFire)

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WB3000 said:
I've translated all of the Spanish tools in the download to English. Hopefully this makes them a lot easier to use. I put all of the WAD Packer and WAD Unpacker files into separate directories, but if they need to access the rest of the files they might need to be put back in the same directory as the rest. Feel free to link to these in the first post.

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Your one that you hosted has different files than the one of the front page, it has more. *is confused*

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
WB3000 said:

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Your one that you hosted has different files than the one of the front page, it has more. *is confused*

If i remember correctly, the original banner tools had alot of files that were hidden.

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ajax said:
If i remember correctly, the original banner tools had alot of files that were hidden.
That is correct. The short-cutted files are composed of the hidden files and the other tools also use the hidden files
wink.gif

I'll test out your new tools and repack them if they work
smile.gif
Thanks for the translation.

@Prime: The icon tutorial is under the "Editing the banner for homebrew" tutorial. Go down to the end of the first spoiler and you will see everything you need to see to edit the icon
smile.gif
(This tutorial will not work for VC banners, I'm rewriting one for those, though
wink.gif
)

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
Repacked with the files hidden, looks exactly the same as the old one
smile.gif

Thanks for translating WB3000!

No prob, just a simple hex edit. Since I have hidden files set to be visible, I assumed they would be just as good left unhidden. This is probably the first time my Spanish II class has come in handy.
laugh.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Deba94 i will try with my laptop instead now, i downlaoded english tools but now its saying invalid link reffering to when i try unpack, spanish tools still work though

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i used the spanish tools again, tried on my laptop and it was still giving me errors, however i found a fix if anyone else happens to be getting this same issue, put the tools folder on the ROOT of your c:\ same thing with autoinjectuwad, had to do same thing, but that fixed issue, however my banner i got was plain black, and on small channel view i still had original picture

EDIT: Found an interesting thing. 1. repacking the files of anything renders the noise inopperable, the sound file that plays when you open the channel on VC. even if you dont touch the image file. which works great for homebrew channels at the moment, but not for VC. due to the fact the save game, alternating small channel banner and text inside these dont work with these tools, it leads me to believe these tools were not made for VC jsut homebrew, or else im doing somthing wrong again, has anyone gotten a working VC banner yet or just black screen, and what about the sound?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Regarding making the icon/banner animated, how do you do it?

I made a simple .gif with the words test flashing every 500 milliseconds but it didn't work, all it did show was the first frame of the gif.

edit: The wad packer and unpacker in the english tools at the front page is broken, when i double click on either i get a error:

errorbn9.png

error2bq5.png

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
What's the safest way to test out the banners? Could I use a rewritable dvd for that purpose and use it more than one time?

And what about the caching of the banner? Could that cause a problem if the banner file not correctly setup?

ps: I know it's possible with dvd-r's, wondering if dvd-rws will work.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
What's the safest way to test out the banners? Could I use a rewritable dvd for that purpose and use it more than one time?

And what about the caching of the banner? Could that cause a problem if the banner file not correctly setup?

I think as long as you get the correct size for the banner your will not get bricked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1