Hacking Banner Bricked Wii?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SonicShadowSilver77 said:
bjorno said:
If you got the new dvd drive, you will need to buy an old dvd drive that can read dvd backups.
Could you play backups with the drive you got now? If you couldn't you cant use backups
I never tried backups, so thats really bad that i dont know, ill tell u this, i got it in 2009 and it had 3.4 installed with it. Wait can i use the modchip to boot brawl and use smash stack to load wad manager and fix it with that? or even use indiana pwns?

No, you cant use smash stack or indiana pwns, because those saves arent on your wii. But if you got a modchip you can burn wadmanager and other apps on your wii, that will fix it
wink.gif

If that doesnt work, just install lots of channels (autobooting games) and make your nand full, then install rabbid go home channel and you can get to wii datamanagement, and you can place there smashstack or indiana pwns and fix your wii.

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
bjorno said:
If you got the new dvd drive, you will need to buy an old dvd drive that can read dvd backups.
Could you play backups with the drive you got now? If you couldn't you cant use backups
I never tried backups, so thats really bad that i dont know, ill tell u this, i got it in 2009 and it had 3.4 installed with it. Wait can i use the modchip to boot brawl and use smash stack to load wad manager and fix it with that? or even use indiana pwns?

No, you cant use smash stack or indiana pwns, because those saves arent on your wii. But if you got a modchip you can burn wadmanager and other apps on your wii, that will fix it
wink.gif

If that doesnt work, just install lots of channels (autobooting games) and make your nand full, then install rabbid go home channel and you can get to wii datamanagement, and you can place there smashstack or indiana pwns and fix your wii.
Smashstack isnt a save file, it gets loaded by using the stage loader in brawl. there is no custom save needed. i can see why indiana pwns and twilight will fail, but smashstack seems fullproof. if i get a modchip, i can load brawl, copy the hacked "stage" file onto my save that i have already on my wii then boot it up. so will this work?

Edit: i read on a forum that auto booting brawl with a modchip is a problem, cuz it wont read the disc even if its the real brawl, is this true?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You do not have a banner brick, you installed a bad theme.

To fix, just reinstall system ios and system menu

If you used dop-mii to install the system ios, it will patch it for you (if you said yes).

1- get a modchip
2- burn an autoboot loadmii disk or other
3- run dop-mii, reinstall system ios60/70 and sm 4.1/4.2
4- hope you don't have a d3-2 type drive and you can read dvd media

-have your used burned disks on the wii?

If you did not patch your system ios, things become more complicated.
All known disk recovery methods can be found in this thread-
Recovery menu Brick Fixing with SaveMiiFrii &autoboot disks

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
You do not have a banner brick, you installed a bad theme.

To fix, just reinstall system ios and system menu

If you used dop-mii to install the system ios, it will patch it for you (if you said yes).

1- get a modchip

-have your used burned disks on the wii?

If you did not patch your system ios, things become more complicated.
All known disk recovery methods can be found in this thread-
Recovery menu Brick Fixing with SaveMiiFrii &autoboot disks
Yes i have but they were DVD+R's so i didnt think they would work, all i know about my wii is that i bought it in 2009, it had 3.4 on it, and its LU64, does that help? I did patch my SYS IOS's with DOP-Mii Before, so hopefully it will work if i use DVD-R's.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it should work, just get the modchip installed and you should be able to boot an autobooting recovery disk and fix the wii.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I thought MIGHT work was going into Maintenance Mode. I heard it can fix bricks in many cases, by holding 1 and 2 and holding the A button on the health warning screen.

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Sounds like it should work, just get the modchip installed and you should be able to boot an autobooting recovery disk and fix the wii.
Thank you so much guys. Looks like my Wii will come back from the dead. Wish me luck! But one last question, it has to be DVD-R or DVD-RW correct? Not DVD+R or DVD+RW.

Edit: I tried Matinece mode, it didnt work since the health screen doesnt even show up, hopefully all this information will help me, thanks again and wish me luck!

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Thank you so much guys. Looks like my Wii will come back from the dead. Wish me luck! But one last question, it has to be DVD-R or DVD-RW correct? Not DVD+R or DVD+RW.

Edit: I tried Matinece mode, it didnt work since the health screen doesnt even show up, hopefully all this information will help me, thanks again and wish me luck!
Maintenance mode is triggered by holding + and -, not 1 + 2 + A. You can use DVD+Rs, but not RWs. You can't autoboot SSBB NTSC-U, so Smash Stack isn't a possibility. You have use Indiana Pwns.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He cant use maintenance mode since he cant get to the Press A to continue screen. Im pretty sure that only works if he has mail brick.

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
No Priiloader ?? No Bootmii as boot2 ?? No modchip ?? Your wii is dead bricked !! Send it to Nintendo or just buy a new one and to ever play with softmodding anymore !!

Pip'
You may want to increase your knowledge about this kind of stuff, i have at least 4 people saying it is unbrickable with autoboot discs.
Sabin_Figaro said:
I will never undertajnd why would people try to modify the system menu colors. It's not worth the risk, unless you are rich and can afford wiis.
I wanted to have a moded wii and a regular wii, the moded wii would have black menu and be spray painted black like the black wii out for sale. But i learned my lesson, ill make sure to get priiloader instead of preloader and never ever remove it.
QUOTE(mauifrog @ Aug 2 2010, 07:34 AM)
1- get a modchip
I think my Wii's disc drive is GC2-D3 since i got it in June 21, 2009 and GC2-D3 came out before the D3-2 drive which came in October 2009. So do you think backup disc's will work?

compufix

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

There are two options you have not tried :

1.- Did you try booting with a Game cube controller ? Any message shown in the bottom of the screen ?

2.- Infectus? What if recovering or dumping nand from another Wii's console ?

Let me know if already tried this or out of your scope.

Regards,

Manuel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good news for the five people that want two more