Hacking Banner Bricked Wii?

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just going to get all the stuff about my wii out of the way. Its LU64 so i dont have Bootmii as Boot2 and i have bootmii as an IOS. It's a 4.2U softmod, has no mod-chip and i have no idea if it has trucha signd SYS IOS's (I used DOPMii to patch the IOS's), also IDK what Trucha is, so explain that for me if u can. I got this Wii on June 21, 2009 and it had FW 3.4 on it.

Now for the brick story:

I was being a n00b and tried to install a custom theme (Dark Wii 3.0 to be exact) then this happened
0624101500.jpg

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok this is what i suggest you do
1. Use priiloader / bootmii to boot into HBC
2. Run Dop-mii and install system menu 4.2 ( install & patch IOS36 first )
3. when you boot back to HBC run the priiloader installer and reinstall priiloader
4. Post results.

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Ok this is what i suggest you do
1. Use priiloader / bootmii to boot into HBC
2. Run Dop-mii and install system menu 4.2 ( install & patch IOS36 first )
3. when you boot back to HBC run the priiloader installer and reinstall priiloader
4. Post results.

Preloader got deleted, i used the nand and it got deleted, and Since my bootmii is a IOS it cant boot up when i start the wii. So i cant do any of what you said.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
K, but uhm you can use savemiifrii to boot discs right?
(can you get into the recovery menu)

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SonicShadowSilver77 said:
bjorno said:
Yes, thank goodness i can, but i have not been able to boot a disc since i dont have any autoboot disc's or a modchip
Most of this taken from a post by "damysteryman" but it is slightly edited.
Maybe try the Rabbids Go Home trick?
This trick involves trying t fill your NAND memory up with heaps of crap like savefiles and channels like mario kart channel and wii fit channel.

So, try to fill up your NAND...
(DON'T install the Rabbids Channel yet)

It's a guess as to how full it is, since you can't view it in your situation... just keep adding big savegames by loading up games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (and other games too).

But keep in mind, you must not already have a savefile for the game you're about to play, else it cannot add it, since it's already there.

Now once it's full or almost full, install the Rabbids Channel.
Since you don't have enough space, it will take you to save management screen, skipping the rest of the sysmenu. Then there, you can install the Indiana pwns savefile (it's the successor to twilight hack).

(I think that's how the Rabbids Go Home trick works...)

But, to install said savefile, you need to have played LEGO Indiana Jones (the 1st one "The original Adventures") and made a save for it in order to copy the indiana pwns savefile over.

Then, download IOS80 and System Menu 4.3. Run WAD Manager from Indiana Pwns and INSTALL IOS80 FIRST! Then install System Menu 4.3.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fudgenuts64 said:
bjorno said:
Yes, thank goodness i can, but i have not been able to boot a disc since i dont have any autoboot disc's or a modchip
Most of this taken from a post by "damysteryman" but it is slightly edited.
Maybe try the Rabbids Go Home trick?
This trick involves trying t fill your NAND memory up with heaps of crap like savefiles and channels like mario kart channel and wii fit channel.

So, try to fill up your NAND...
(DON'T install the Rabbids Channel yet)

It's a guess as to how full it is, since you can't view it in your situation... just keep adding big savegames by loading up games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (and other games too).

But keep in mind, you must not already have a savefile for the game you're about to play, else it cannot add it, since it's already there.

Now once it's full or almost full, install the Rabbids Channel.
Since you don't have enough space, it will take you to save management screen, skipping the rest of the sysmenu. Then there, you can install the Indiana pwns savefile (it's the successor to twilight hack).

(I think that's how the Rabbids Go Home trick works...)

But, to install said savefile, you need to have played LEGO Indiana Jones (the 1st one "The original Adventures") and made a save for it in order to copy the indiana pwns savefile over.

Then, download IOS80 and System Menu 4.3. Run WAD Manager from Indiana Pwns and INSTALL IOS80 FIRST! Then install System Menu 4.3.

Why install 4.3? System menu 4.3 adds nothing.
It is better to just stay @ system menu 4.2
Ios 70 and system menu 4.2

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Ios 60 and system menu 4.2
You could just install 4.2 too. In the case of your brick it would work. Just make sure you install IOS70 first.

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
QUOTE said:
Ios 60 and system menu 4.2
You could just install 4.2 too. In the case of your brick it would work. Just make sure you install IOS70 first.
Man this is going to require months of research since most of the things u said i dont know....i just wanted some answers to my questions above, maybe ill edit it to show my unbrick plan i had, all the stuff u said was way too complicated for me
wacko.gif

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Btw. Dont install the LATEST ios 70, thats a stubbed one. That will make your wii more worse. BRICK.

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
Btw. Dont install the LATEST ios 70, thats a stubbed one. That will make your wii more worse. BRICK.
Thanks for the heads up, btw look at my edit on the first post. tell me if it seems valid enough to work

Edit: Will this work even though i tried to install a custom theme? because i dont know if that will work, forget my last post about being confused, i see how it works now. but cant i just install any channel, do i have to use rabbids channel? and to even put the saves on there, wont i have to use a modchip to load the games?i tried just putting brawl in the wii, it loaded then a black screen with out (4.2U) at the bottem, so ill need a modchip wont i?

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
stop confusing him, you need a modchip and an autoboot disc.

No other way arround it. And it may or not work depending on how much you fucked up.

SOrry

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
stop confusing him, you need a modchip and an autoboot disc.

No other way arround it. And it may or not work depending on how much you fucked up.

SOrry
Well its just a theme, it should run games, i tried to burn a autoboot disc but they were DVD+R's so they didnt work. At least i got an answer to one of my questions. Thank You kind sir. Ill post feed back when i try it.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have the newer Wii, they wont read burned dvds, period.

You will have to get a modchip to try and auto-boot from a DVD-R.

Maybe you could get by with a Factory disk, but I have no idea how.

Deleting Priiloader was a huge mistake. Its what will actually help u recover from a banner brick, if thats what u have.

Can anyone actually conform that those vertical lines are a banner brick?

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:

Deleting Priiloader was a huge mistake. Its what will actually help u recover from a banner brick, if thats what u have.

I assume it is since i cant get past the health screen, i tried to install a custom wii menu. So far this looks like my only chance of recovery, i hope it works. FYI the whitish lines are pink, and the screen used to be different, it used to be a big blue spatter with pink and green and white all over, but thats not important.

Edit: Wait, will not EVER load a DVD? I hope u mean DVD+R's cuz DVD-R's are my only hope....

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
C.S.I. said:

I assume it is since i cant get past the health screen, i tried to install a custom wii menu. So far this looks like my only chance of recovery, i hope it works. FYI the whitish lines are pink, and the screen used to be different, it used to be a big blue spatter with pink and green and white all over, but thats not important.

Edit: Wait, will not EVER load a DVD? I hope u mean DVD+R's cuz DVD-R's are my only hope....

If you got the new dvd drive, you will need to buy an old dvd drive that can read dvd backups.
Could you play backups with the drive you got now? If you couldn't you cant use backups

SonicShadowSilve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
If you got the new dvd drive, you will need to buy an old dvd drive that can read dvd backups.
Could you play backups with the drive you got now? If you couldn't you cant use backups
I never tried backups, so thats really bad that i dont know, ill tell u this, i got it in 2009 and it had 3.4 installed with it. Wait can i use the modchip to boot brawl and use smash stack to load wad manager and fix it with that? or even use indiana pwns?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle