Banner Brick(Possibly Full Brick...?)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HarpuiaEXE, Jun 24, 2009.

Jun 24, 2009
  1. HarpuiaEXE
    OP

Newcomer HarpuiaEXE Member

United States
    I'm pretty much a newbie at hacking.

My Wii firmware is 4.0U. The only thing installed is the Homebrew Channel. I don't have Starfall, Bootmii, or Preloader installed. I have a Original GC controller that I disassembled. I was thinking of buying a Modchip so that I can make a Autoboot DVD so that I can have access to the Homebrew channel. However, I've been reading around and found out that I'll still need to use the SaveMiiFrii trick in order to use the DVD. Problem now is that I've tried the SaveMiiFrii trick and it just doesn't work. So my questions are, does the trick work for 4.0U? Will my wii stay bricked?

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: If it helps, I bricked after installing a faulty channel wad called WiiSX .57 rev. (or something like that) I've also tried the recover mode trick with my Wiimote.

2. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Is it an official Nintendo controller? Or ones that were made by Pelican and those brands? You have to have an official Nintendo GC Controller.

3. HarpuiaEXE
    OP

United States
    Wait, the one I disassembled was a 3rd party controller. I have a old original one around somewhere...

4. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    In order to use savemiifrii you have to have an original nintendo gamecube controller disassembled in order to push the four buttons. And make sure the GC controller is in the 4th port not the 1st.

5. HarpuiaEXE
    OP

United States
    Well I disassemble my spare GC controller. I'm in the 4.0(USA) SaveMiiFriii screen.

I have another question, can I use the Universal Unbrick Disc v2 even without a modchip? Or will I need one?

EDIT: And what is this "Original Rescue Menu", is that referring to the screen that I'm in now?

6. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No you can not use that Universal UnBrick without a mod-chip and probably even with a Mod-Chip depending on how you updated to 4.0

If you updated to 4.0 with the official Nintendo Update heres the only option for you

Install a Mod-Chip download the DVD9 version of brawl not trucha signed, and then use the program bootme on the ISO and set the game to autoboot, This will autoboot the game from here you should be able to use the Brawl hack with the right programs to remove the Bad Wad. Also you will be waiting for the brawl Hack to come out, it might be along wait i dunno Plus i'm not %100 Sure how the Brawl hacks works this is all in theory, But you could use this same method to Play downloaded Wii Games set them to autoboot so you can play games on your Wii While your waiting on the brawl hack to come out

If you Didn't update to 4.0 with the official Nintendo Update and have a trucha Patched IOS60 installed you could then install a Mod-Chip and use a Autoboot Wad Manager Disc to remove the Bad Wad, its likely you will have to use the Latter Method

And both of these methods may not work if you dont have a banner brick but something else is wrong
    do you still get to the Health Warning Screen if yes yea its a banner brick if not, it might be something else

7. HarpuiaEXE
    OP

United States
    I updated through the official update. Which means my only chance is by the Brawl workaround.

Also, when I burn the Brawl hack not trucha signed, what is this DVD9 dvd? Any particular brand you would recommend?

8. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well i'm thinking the DVD5 version which is the cut down in size version so people could fit it on a regular dvd is trucha signed which i could be wrong about this, the DVD9 is the full dual layer DVD version not trucha signed Which you would need a Dual Layer DVD Blank disc to burn it to, and it should work on 4.0 if its set to autoboot with bootme which does not trucha sign it

Also just a headsup the brawl hack is not out yet and i'm not 100% sure how exactly it works, but i believe this is your best bet to getting your wii Fixed.

Also like i said before using this same method on 4.0 , if you download a Wii Game and set it to autoboot with bootme you should be able to autoboot your Wii Games so you play some games while your waiting on the brawl hack to come out. All of this with a Mod-chip
    Good Luck

9. HarpuiaEXE
    OP

United States
    Sweet. Thanks a lot. I feel more relieved now.