Banner brick help please?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by heizei, Jan 3, 2010.

Jan 3, 2010

Banner brick help please? by heizei at 10:13 PM (610 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. heizei
    OP

Newcomer heizei Newbie

United States
    Ok, I've searched everywhere but I've not got any help [​IMG] I was softmodding my wii (pal, 4.2E) and it was all going well until it booted into preloader and when i switched to system menu it came up with "The system files are corrupted.....". I have no idea how to fix this. I've tried following some videos but they were no help. I can load the homebrew using "installed file".

So does anyone know how to fix this? My wii also has a cyclowiz chip in it if that has any relevance? Please help or give advice [​IMG]

Also forgot to mention that i can load up the HBC but when i select wad manager the screen just goes black :/

2. Toader

Member Toader GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. Obihoernchen

Newcomer Obihoernchen Member

Germany
    Hi I had exactly the same problem like you!
    Try this:
    1. Try to reinstall wad manager (mabe try 1.4 and 1.5...)
    2. IF it doesn't work try to install all things with dop ios

After that I done the following things:

1. Install Patched IOS70 see: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...stem-menus.html via WAD Manager with IOS249
    2. Install Systemmenu 4.2 with WAD Manager witg IOS249 (Download Systemmenu per NUS)
    3. Install Priiloader 0.2 (see IOS70 link) ! With Pressed B and + then Its installed with IOS 249 insted of 36
    And now its working again smile.gif

And use the Hacks.ini for 4.2 [​IMG] Also in this package

The problem is that preloader doesn't work with 4.2 Only the new beta 0.30 or the improved version called priiloader
    And also with priiloader you need a patched IOS70 (Your Systemmenu)

4. heizei
    OP

Newcomer heizei Newbie

United States
    Thanks very much [​IMG] it's fixed although I feel REALLY stupid and idiotic now. Turns out the preloader was set to the wrong systemmenu IOS lol

5. gcnd0001

Newcomer gcnd0001 Member

United States
    haha. I had the same problem a couple nights ago. I was freaking out decided to go to bed then right as I was falling asleep it hit me. I patched IOS36. Had to go in to Preloader and change it. Wala, works. Now I need to install PriiLoader so it works with HBC