Hacking Banned PS4

Eugui

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I saw a banned PS4 selling for a cheap price, I don't care at all about online haming, but I would like to know if I can do the following to see if it's worth it:
1. Play any game from a disk, even newer ones
2. Download updates and patches for games
3 Download system updates
4. Check and earn Trophies (just curious I don't care that much about that feature)

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
1- yes.
2- i don't know, because if you want to update game you must log in, banned PS4 can't log to PSN.
3- yes
4- no.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I saw a banned PS4 selling for a cheap price, I don't care at all about online haming, but I would like to know if I can do the following to see if it's worth it:
1. Play any game from a disk, even newer ones
2. Download updates and patches for games
3 Download system updates
4. Check and earn Trophies (just curious I don't care that much about that feature)

Yes.
Yes: if it’s on 5.05
Yes.
No.

Reactions: aos10

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i know you can't update your games if you are not on last FW, something changed?

There are game updates available for 5.05. I’m talking from like 1.00 to 1.04 as long as it’s 5.05 compatible update. The latest update will invariably be for 5.55, so they’re obviously no use.

5.05 has pkg installer through debug, so it would be only way to update games.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
There are game updates available for 5.05. I’m talking from like 1.00 to 1.04 as long as it’s 5.05 compatible update. The latest update will invariably be for 5.55, so they’re obviously no use.

5.05 has pkg installer through debug, so it would be only way to update games.
so 5.05 can connect to internet and download updated from sony's servers like normal? just like the PS Vita?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- yes.
2- i don't know, because if you want to update game you must log in, banned PS4 can't log to PSN.
3- yes
4- no.

2- not necessarily, some games (most if not all back in the ps3 era, i think it's still the same) will allow you to update without even having a psn enabled account. you may have to make a new account if you had one banned on psn, tho, and your system firmware still might need to be updated to install updates, for instance I can't install FF12 Zodiac Age's update because it won't install on system 5.05 and I won't let it go higher than that, but it still DL's the update, just wont install.

4- yes, if you choose the offline option, it tends to be okay, maybe varies by game, but my games seem to the okay with offline trophies

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it