Homebrew Banned from NN, only connected today.

What do?

• wait it out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sue nintendo

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • cry

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So today, 3 days after ultra sumo's release, I decide to finally connect to the internet.

Error: This function has been restricted by Nintendo.

What? I hadn't even used freeshop or connected online for weeks.
Another important thing is that, when fire emblem echoes appeared, I was banned, and I used a public key. It's probably that. What can I do?

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No bans here. Did you link your save to the Pokemon web site? Don't remember what it's called.
There are a few guides floating around gbatemp to unban your console.

Just today I had set up the festival plaza. All I tried to do was a wondertrade and it had already gave me an error code.

Was it a NNID ban or just the one that bans use of online and friends list?

I am online right now on ultra moon wonder trading.

Error code: 022-1022 or something like that. All it said was ''Nintendo has restricted this service on the console''

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using the leaked version? It's probably not the same as the retail one so going online with it would probably still get you banned regardless of the date.

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were probably banned much earlier and only found out today, since you hadn't been connected for a while
Possible stupid question but can Nintendo ban your console from your Friend code info? Say like they find a forum with a bunch of shared friend codes then go through it banning consoles connected to those FC.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Possible stupid question but can Nintendo ban your console from your Friend code info? Say like they find a forum with a bunch of shared friend codes then go through it banning consoles connected to those FC.
Maybe they can but I don't think they ever have. Not worth worrying over.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep just checke dthe public seed i'm on. Dead in teh water, but my O3DS (hadnt installed or used SuMo or US/UM, also banned. (it had been unbanned awhile back i hadnt done any seed swaping or nothing) Looks like we might have something new trickling on down. (same error as OP checking friendlist, 002-0102)

edit: i hit submit too soon, the 3DS that got unbanned randomly, i reverted it to its original Stock image i made way back when it was a "Flash n Pray" means of downgrading to 2.1 to get OTP for early A9LH. (before we had the guide.)

Last edited by Dracari,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grrrrrr i wanted to hack a friends 3ds who legally cant be online (no really) use his FCS and give it back

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really want to rip reggie's throat out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah just saw it fusionluigi and i just installed it 2 days ago damn nintendo's fast

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You used a public seed which it's just a guess but someone else who used that seed as well could've gotten banned causing a chain for all the people who used it.
I'm using the same public seed(I assume since there are rarely more than one working at a time) and I'm not banned at all. It could either be the seed itself got banned, or the OP got themselves a ban from something they did a while back. Always remember that causation doesn't always equal correlation; just because something happened directly after another doesn't mean it was the direct cause. It's more than likely nothing to do with Pokemon and just a regular old online services temp ban.

EDIT: Yeah it's just the seed that's banned; not you boo :D

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical...