Banned console

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by broksonic, Oct 8, 2010.

Oct 8, 2010

Banned console by broksonic at 10:40 PM (916 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. broksonic
    OP

Member broksonic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I know i am unable to play online games . But can i download content from fifa 11 ?. Thinking of getting a wifi adapter but dont want to waste my money if i can't even connect or download anything

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you are banned from live you are banned from live and everything that would have gone through it.

I am not sure how far the LIVE to CON stuff went but I plan on looking into it during the next couple of days.

3. broksonic
    OP

Member broksonic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks. I'll wait to see how you get on

4. Gagarin

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Btw, how to recognize if a console is banned? Do you have to try to go on line with it or there is some offline sign?

5. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If a console is banned, it gets recorded in secdata. When this happens, a backup of the original secdata is made in the nand. Use findsecdata to see if there is a backup in the nand.

Otherwise use XVal with your serial number and the number that follows it. You can also goto the US xbox site, register with a random US address, add the console serial number to the profile, submit the console for a repair and if it allows you the console is not banned.

There is also talk of being able to tell from the XBOX live connection test, pressing one of the buttons will come with with status numbers.