Bangai-O Spirits Map Transfers

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by matrix121391, Aug 15, 2008.

Aug 15, 2008
  1. matrix121391
    OP

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    At first I thought this was innovative and it practically blew my mind. I went to my friends and went, "Holy sh*t! This game transfers data through sound files!" I've heard that there were very old games that transfered data through sounds before, but this was the first for me and I thought it was really something. Now it's just plain annoying. The DS has a hard time reading the sound files, of my many attempts, I've only gotten 17 maps off Youtube (probably 17 more than many of you). I was wondering if there were any tips to make data transferring more efficient? My most recurring problem is it telling me I need to relocate to a quieter environment, but where I am, it's perfectly quiet. I use earphones with foam padding like suggested. MAybe it's the static? Any other suggestions?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Get maps from a source that doesn't suck? (No, I don't know of one.) Youtube rapes sound quality in order to improve streaming performance on slow connections. This adds a lot of audio artifacts that come across as background noise.

3. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
  4. matrix121391
    OP

United States
    Thank you guys so much! No more youtube for me!

5. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    So it worked?

6. matrix121391
    OP

United States
    I haven't tried the link you sent me but the whole thing about Youtube distorting sounds made me look elsewhere like the official Japanese DLC site and www.soundclick.com. Got some maps off there. Someone should start a wiki for Bangai-O and collect the maps.

7. ackers

Member ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    What are you guys talking about? Transfer maps through sound?? [​IMG]

Sounds futuristic!