Ban wave on flavored cigars in Canada

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Skyline969, Dec 3, 2009.

Dec 3, 2009
  1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Source

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    i never knew there was flavored cigars :S

3. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    They've been around in NA since the 20's and since the 30's in Europe.

4. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    That, and they're amazing. In my opinion, they're much smoother to smoke than unflavored ones. Could just be a placebo effect on me, but that's how it feels to me. Personally, I'm outraged by this ban. Who cares if something tastes "like candy"? Vanilla cigars are amazing! The legal age to purchase tobacco products is 18 (in Saskatchewan anyways...), so instead of banning flavored cigars, why not do something about minors who smoke? If it's such a concern to the government that today's youth is smoking, don't ban something the real adults enjoy, charge the youths who are smoking!

What's next, the government's gonna ban vodka coolers and other various flavored alcoholic beverages because they also taste like candy, and can entice minors to drink? [​IMG]

5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] well said
    I don't think they do any of that flavored stuff in England
    All i know is menthol and normal ones

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Probably [​IMG]

Government "youth protection" measures are like Dilbert strips. Scott Adams says that no matter how ridiculous, insane, bizarre a strip is, the next day he gets a ton of mail saying "ha ha, totally, so true, this happened to me once", etc. etc.

Banning everything certainly is easier and cheaper than trying to enforce regulations, you have to admit.

You know what flavor I like? Blueberry. I was surprised at that, really. I really didn't think I'd like them at all. Weird.

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I guess you missed out on the whole alcopop thing (age limits normally targeted at spirits made it into law in a couple of European countries (still only 18 years) mind and is "discouraged"* by the powers that be in other places) and going back further into history the bans on gin (for being flavoured) although that was a bit different I guess.

As for the matter at hand we already had the smoking debate not so long ago and to this I am indifferent. I do have to wonder where licorice rolling papers come in though.

*discouraged= your license to sell may run into some unexpected and seemingly insurmountable speedbumps if this and certain other things do not get done.

8. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Alcopop thing, FAST? I guess I didn't hear about it... primarily because I don't live in the UK. [​IMG] I don't think we've had something like that in Canada, but I could be wrong.

9. Shinryuji

Member Shinryuji GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I never got the alcopop fad, it tastes nasty to me. Wiskey any day of the week for me.
    As for cigarettes, I have never ever seen flavoured cigarettes in Europe. How odd.

10. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    I hate those fuckin grape blunts. Nastyness IMO

11. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Grape cigars are alright, but I still prefer chocolate, vanilla, or peach. All I know is that I'm gonna buy 'em like they're going out of style... cos they are. [​IMG]
    That way, when there are no more in production, I could sell my stock and make some serious cash. [​IMG]