Question Ban-proof step

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Pierpy89, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pierpy89
    OP

Pierpy89 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2007
    Italy
    Hi guys!
    I'm wondering if we can avoid the ban of the consolle if we use a procedure like this:

1) Full Slow Backup with Hekate
    2) Use CFW/BackupLoading/HomebrewMenu etc etc ALWAYS OFFLINE
    3) Restore FULL Backup
    4) Connect Switch Online

What did u think?

And also if we have to update offline with rajkoto (with no burn efuse) method. The same procedure would be the same except with the point 1.5) Update with no burn efuse method, Right?

This thread can help us to understand if there are alternatives to the ban problem!

MeAndHax likes this.
  2. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

Mar 6, 2015
    Morocco
    Morocco
    why not

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    This is what I do, and I haven't been banned. In principle, it should work. However, the risk is yours to take.

4. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    We dont know what it is there Finding on our switch our if were missing something they can read..
    We may of had a file on switch that once you restore or backup may get wiped who knows..

Rule of thumb you gonna hack/change files or mess with the switch system then your at risk of ban anyway you go online with a hacked modded system your at more risk of ban..

Untill we know exactly what there monitoring we can only assume..

But still stay offline, and maybe just maybe always go back to a stock nand backup before you even did anything, and make sure that you dont have auto rcm installed before you make the back up

5. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    There is only one, singular, fool proof step you can take to avoid being banned: Don't hack your system. anything revolving around CFW, homebrew, backup loading, anything that modifies your system in such a way that it lets you run something it was never meant to run in the first place will have a risk

NeoSlyde likes this.
  6. rac

rac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    is there a limit to how many times you can restore full nand backup?

7. Pierpy89
    OP

Pierpy89 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2007
    Italy
    Would be interesting if someone know if there is some other memory that track the electical boot of the console or something similar! :unsure:

Btw i will try also to update with no fuse burn, but i think it's the same. I need to know if ReiNx avoid the fuse check! :unsure:

8. Canna

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Id say thats down to the writes and read the integrity of the emmc chip

rac and Subtle Demise like this.
  9. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    There is no way to prevent a ban. If you stay offline - Once you go back online, Nintendo will know what you've been doing and ban you. If you play backups online/update backups, you'll be banned instantly. The only way to avoid a ban is to completely avoid hacks.

10. Pierpy89
    OP

Pierpy89 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2007
    Italy
    I dont think so. If you know what to change, what to restore, you can avoid the ban. This thread is to put together some info, and try to create the more safe procedure for preventing the ban (ofc not 100% cause we dont know the complete function of the system).

Canna likes this.
  11. Canna

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    exactly we know fuck all......

Just to let you know i hacked flashed backed up restores my switch, sent it for a repair and even had my nand restored by nintendo repair they never mentioned modded hacks or nand but i did do my very first nand backup restore before sending

12. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    They wont ban you instantly the second you go online though

13. yacepi15

yacepi15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    Germany
    If you do that and you go frequently online, i think you could end degrading the console NAND chip. Those have a writing limit.

I think the best solution to those who dont want to be banned (like me) would be a emunand with online features completely locked. Every log and crap like that would be isolated and you only must reboot your console to go online legally at zero risk.

If Xecuter does that, insta-buy for me.

rac, SirBeethoven and Pierpy89 like this.
  14. Pierpy89
    OP

Pierpy89 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2007
    Italy
    Exactly what i wish! But for what i read over the forum and various discord, probably we will not get Emunand feature...

Btw Maybe the console understand when u boot Emunand, and so Ninty ban you D:

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    rac, aarti and Subtle Demise like this.
  16. adrifcastr

adrifcastr GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2016
    Germany
    I think just backing up and restoring the user partition via HacDiskMount should actually be the easiest way to achieve that

17. yacepi15

yacepi15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    Germany
    Im not in the switch scene (my console is completely clean atm) and i dont know if emunand is doable or not, but if the emunand is completely offline, after you reboot the console, there weren't changes in the sysnand, so, it it would be indetectable.

18. Canna

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    WITH THE BEST ANSWERS AS ALWYAS :P

Emu nand wont save you

Think if nintendo knows your blocking or hiding something from them or suddenly they cant read ur switch u think they wont ban you haha

19. yacepi15

yacepi15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    Germany
    Of course, the emunand would be offline. At Nintendo eyes, you're not using your console.

TheZoroark007 and Subtle Demise like this.
  20. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as shit am tired of this exact same thread being made over and over again.

Don't want a ban? Here's how: don't mod your switch. No homebrew, no CFW, nothing.

Canna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.