Hacking Ban for using CFW?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand. You are talking about last year? I haven't heard of any mass bans in a while.
I recently dug my own grave by editing my pokemon moon save to have the mega ring before the elite 4 and went online to battle friends... I cross my fingers that I don't get banned but I was asking for it lol

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was asking because of the current ban wave on the Switch.
I only have seen 2 bans on the switch (3 if you count the 2 consoles from one person) But they were messing with CDN stuff and those consoles most likely got banned because of that and libnx errors.

Reactions: Jukrae

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory it's not if you use the 3dsx version.
It might've happened once when people downloaded a game from the eShop, and the update from freeshop.

Reactions: Jukrae

Iispoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From what I understand. You are talking about last year? I haven't heard of any mass bans in a while.
I recently dug my own grave by editing my pokemon moon save to have the mega ring before the elite 4 and went online to battle friends... I cross my fingers that I don't get banned but I was asking for it lol
Did you get banned after a while or no? Or still patiently waiting for it? haahaa

Nef_Anyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Now that nintendo has released the switch lite im pretty sure they will not give a damn about the 3ds cfw anymore. Idk if the 3ds is going to discontinued or not.

sakura-mk7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, you’ll only get banned if you do stupid things, including but not limited to the following:

- Downloading illicit CIAs and using them online.
- Blatantly using cheats online.
- Leaving Spotpass > Sending of system information on (with CFW installed)
- Leaving friend list on (with CFW installed)

Please keep in mind that if you install custom firmware of any kind, there is always the risk of being banned. However, there are ways to bypass this, like injecting an alternate LocalFriendSeed_B code.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the record, you’ll only get banned if you do stupid things, including but not limited to the following:

Please keep in mind that if you install custom firmware of any kind, there is always the risk of being banned. However, there are ways to bypass this, like injecting an alternate LocalFriendSeed_B code.
that first one is if you dl a leaked copy of a game and go online before its actual release date. 3rd and 4th have been shown that they dont overly matter.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
1. Is not true. I played a few non legit titles online and was never banned
2. Is true
3. Doesn't matter. Mine is enabled (i think). No ban atm.
4. As long as you don't list any homebrew software as your favorite you are safe.

Reactions: wormdood

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Is not true. I played a few non legit titles online and was never banned
2. Is true
3. Doesn't matter. Mine is enabled (i think). No ban atm.
4. As long as you don't list any homebrew software as your favorite you are safe.
There was a CFW banwave in May 2017 that was predominantly caused by installing illicit CIA files like FBI or the homebrew launcher. Spotpass and Friend List settings were also relevant during this one isolated banwave. So, while one is unlikely to be banned for illicit CIA files now, it has happened before.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a CFW banwave in May 2017 that was predominantly caused by installing illicit CIA files like FBI or the homebrew launcher. Spotpass and Friend List settings were also relevant during this one isolated banwave. So, while one is unlikely to be banned for illicit CIA files now, it has happened before.
I hate to be the grammar Nazi but you say illicit and then describe illegitimate perhaps that's because you didn't want to people to confuse it with legit or non legit where in the latter would actually describe illicit ... by definition that is

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be the grammar Nazi but you say illicit and then describe illegitimate perhaps that's because you didn't want to people to confuse it with legit or non legit where in the latter would actually describe illicit ... by definition that is
  1. This is an issue of labels, not grammar.
  2. I'm referencing sakura-mk7's post. It's not my word-choice.
  3. Illicit, illegitimate, etc. are all acceptable adjectives for what is being described (custom titles).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche