Ban for using CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Xepherous, Jan 13, 2018.

1. SomeGuy4Twenty

SomeGuy4Twenty Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    Antarctica
    What if I want to play any online game with my friend? Can I do so with the friends list disabled? I know I can do so in mario kart if he is already in game, I just press join. But what about other games?

2. DSSP

DSSP Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    United States
    Missouri
    Yes, Nintendo updated their servers and can detect when you use cert downloaders such as freeshop.

3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    They are useless because they won't work anymore.

DSSP likes this.
  4. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    Why disable your friends list...? Having friends won't get you a ban

5. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    I think the real answer to most of the questions like this going forward is that you have to be actively ruining the experience for other players before Nintendo will ban you nowadays.

The reality is that they are moving away from the 3DS, and likely will not sink any more resources into policing it.

6. SomeGuy4Twenty

SomeGuy4Twenty Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    Antarctica
    That friends list thing that others were talking about makes me stay offline all the time so others can't see what I've played recently or what I'm playing (this way any cfw application that I use while connected to the internet won't show). It's a safe mechanism but it has drawbacks regarding multiplayer with friends, like I can only join them and they can't join me because they don't see me online. I can't join groups either (at least on mario kart)

7. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    considering i'm still using a 1 yr old public seed on my 2ds and my N3ds isn't banned yet i feel that yes they don't care anymore meanwhile Sony's hanging on to a dead system lol

8. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    forgive me if this sounds rude but that sounds incredibly naive to think that Nintendo would allow you to stop sending them information I mean I understand your friends stopped getting the information about whether or not you're online but it's not as if you in any way block it from Nintendo's eyes so I'm just not understanding the point in blocking your friends list

9. Freqman

Freqman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2007
    Canada
    You don't have to disable your friends list, i think you have to disable the feature that lets other people in your friends list what game you're currently playing.