Baiten Kaitos fstfix

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SaintZero, May 6, 2013.

1. SaintZero
    OP

SaintZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2008
    Canada
    Hey, I'm having trouble with getting the fstfix to work on my Baiten Kaitos back up file. I'm currently using a SD card to load up the game, if that matters. I've followed the backup list and what to do when patching it, but the problem comes from the file AFTER I patch it. The neogamma loader won't find the file on my SD card unless it remains unpatched. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, or if the SD card is the only thing that causes this. Any help would be appreciated.

for the record, I'm following the fstfix guide on this, but it doesn't say if they use a SD card or not. As of now, I'm testing it out on my Wii and it seems to run fine unpatched but my concern is the random freezes that have been reported. I don't want to play for 60 minutes with no save points in sight, only to have it freeze and restart the entire segment all over again. :(

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    You posted in the WiiU section, I guess you want to play GameCube games on Wii, right?

what do you mean by "you tested it on your wii and it runs fine unpatched" ?
    You can only run gameCube games on Wii, not WiiU.
    If it runs on Wii unpatched, why would you like to patch it? the patch fix the random freezes?

3. SaintZero
    OP

SaintZero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2008
    Canada
    Oh, I'm sorry but a pretty late reply.

The game runs fine "unpatched" in this case without the fixes.. for about 20 minutes than it randomly crashes due to the sound issues. The patch fixes the random freezes but I think it's due to me using a SD card. Also, would you be able to move this topic to the Wii section?

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I moved it.

Did you try using another loader? because the list you followed is an old one, there are now new Gamecube backup Loaders.
    The most popular right now are :
    DIOS MIOS (USB)
    DIOS MIOS Lite (SD)
    Devolution (SD/USB)

5. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    what exactly is wrong with the fst if i may ask?