Homebrew BAGPlug (SCDS2 Entry)

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright! with your help..got CATSFC working fine in BAGPLUG but I cant seem to get covers to display for SNES .sfc's.

I have the cover directory set as
[sfc]
#path to folder with covers
folder = /_bagui/covers/SNES
#image type
type = png

one I have in a SNES folder in the root is "Contra III - The Alien Wars (USA).sfc"

the image for this game is called "Contra III - The Alien Wars (USA).png" and is located in folder, "
/_bagui/covers/SNES

when I renamed the .png to ".sfc.png" it froze my card everytime the ROM was highlighted..i'm getting there though!

say..could I also create an arg file for GBA games?..or too soon

and what about these custom icons?...I got the pack for them at filetrip..how do I use them though :lol:

The image name should have .sfc.png extension, and if the image is too large of a resolution, then it will take a while to load. So you may have to resize images to fit within the 256x192 nds screen resolution.

You can create an arg file for any file type, whether or not the programs for each file type can load the file you selected is independent of BAGPlug. The Supercard GBA emulator cannot load files passed to it, but you can at least launch the emulator by running a game in BAGPlug with the arg file.

Custom Icons from manual.txt:
[Custom icons]
-uses 32 x 32 bitmap or png files
-must be named the same as the file with and in the same directory OR they can be placed in a directory as defined
in the current skin.ini under "Custom_Icon_Folder".

eg:
BAGSFC.plg - the file you want to have a custom icon
BAGSFC.plg.png/BAGSFC.plg.bmp- the icon file

Mikesahhh

Mikes
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When scrolling through bagplug its fast and smooth apart from scrolling in the folder where all my ds roms are in, then its quite sluggish im using gamecovers for these but when im scrolling in my folder full of snes or nes games which also use gamecovers its not sluggish at all
any reason it would be slower in the ds one compared to the snes folder? theres a lot more games in the ds folder dunno if that would make a differance

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When scrolling through bagplug its fast and smooth apart from scrolling in the folder where all my ds roms are in, then its quite sluggish im using gamecovers for these but when im scrolling in my folder full of snes or nes games which also use gamecovers its not sluggish at all
any reason it would be slower in the ds one compared to the snes folder? theres a lot more games in the ds folder dunno if that would make a differance

For nds games, each icon is read from each rom. Since BAGPlug was compiled with an older version of the SDK fat library, it's fopen routine for reading is stupidly slow. Snes games have a default icon that is cached ahead of time, so its just a simple reference being passed rather than reading new data as they come on screen.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good, I will try it.
Can you show all of the cheat name line and also all of the cheat description line?
This is the worst flaw with the DSTWO menu to me.

grog.gif
lecture.gif
Strongly agree with this. I remember that CycloDS was able to show the cheat descriptions properly. Why can't DSTWO?

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For nds games, each icon is read from each rom. Since BAGPlug was compiled with an older version of the SDK fat library, it's fopen routine for reading is stupidly slow. Snes games have a default icon that is cached ahead of time, so its just a simple reference being passed rather than reading new data as they come on screen.
Could you continue to update Bagplug, hopefully with homebrew reset one day? :)

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you continue to update Bagplug, hopefully with homebrew reset one day? :)

I cannot update BAGPlug anymore. I've changed too much in my libraries to make compiling BAGPlug possible without a lot of work. I'd rather put all that time and effort into the new menu I am creating. As for homebrew reset, homebrew menu should have it automatically[what BAGPlug uses for booting nds file], but I haven't been able to compile it with the most recent tool chains since I also have supercard plugin loading which uses outdated code.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
With the new GameYob emulator and the imminent release of TempGBA, here's some cover packs I trimmed/cropped/sized and such for BAGplug. I cant rmmbr where the GBA originals came from (got 'em outta my Wii covers pack for postLoader). The GB and GBC originals are from mastershoes Covers Collections for Emu's thread, which fyi has some good file renaming app links.
These are by no means complete, and there are duplicates and missing covers for sure. But hey, it's better than a kick in the butt.

27089-GB_prev.png

download.gif
Gameboy Covers

27090-GBC_prev.png

download.gif
Gameboy Color Covers

27088-GBA_prev.png

download.gif
GBA Covers

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a way i can launch this from dstwo menu as a plug?
Same way as any other plugin, make an ini file and icon for it and move the .plg file into the _dstwoplug folder or whatever it is. You won't be able to launch files with it if you run it as a plugin with the default Supercard plugin menu since it requires its own DSTwo.nds binary to do so rather than the Supercard's plugin menu.

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same way as any other plugin, make an ini file and icon for it and move the .plg file into the _dstwoplug folder or whatever it is. You won't be able to launch files with it if you run it as a plugin with the default Supercard plugin menu since it requires its own DSTwo.nds binary to do so rather than the Supercard's plugin menu.
thanks for the help I ended up finding the favorites and hiding files made this way simpler to use for my daughter so no need to load it that way thanks for a really cool menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.