The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
BassAceGold said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I never used Nitrozip (because I have multiple cards running on the same microSd card) so how long does it take to do that on the Supercard two already?
You can view some benchmarks here:
http://gbatemp.net/t288894-nitro-zip
I shall keep that in mind.
Also how come homebrews aren't showing their covers anymore?

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I screwed up the homebrew detection while I was rewriting the cover support. 3-5 fix 1 has been uploaded to the first post which should fix it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
BassAceGold said:

I screwed up the homebrew detection while I was rewriting the cover support. 3-5 fix 1 has been uploaded to the first post which should fix it.
Ah, alright
happy.gif
Everything is working now!

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OP
I own a 16gb micro sd so what do you recommend I should do to scroll roms faster?, because they scroll a little slow.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lex luthor said:
@OP
I own a 16gb micro sd so what do you recommend I should do to scroll roms faster?, because they scroll a little slow.

QUOTE(BassAceGold @ Mar 26 2011, 02:04 PM) Improving BAGplug Performance
BAGplug does quite a bit of random reading from the SD card for things such as icons and box art. These can cause lagging or bad performance when scrolling through files. Here are a few tips to optimize BAGplug to (hopefully) make it run smoother:

-Make sure your SD card is formated to FAT or FAT16 (for 4GB cards or smaller)

-Box art is loaded after X (5 is the default) number of program cycles without user input in the browser. You can change this value in your settings.ini with the 'top_display_refresh' variable. 60 = 1 second, 30 = half a second etc. The default value may be to fast and cause lagging when scrolling with covers.

-Last resort: Change the CPU speed in the BAGplug options menu. A reboot of the menu may be needed to get working properly after switching CPU speeds.

Another thing you could try is disabling the use of internal rom names. Other than that there is nothing much else that can be done. The icons can only be read so fast from the SD card. If things are getting really slow, maybe try breaking large directories of roms into smaller bunches ~50 files or less. I notice that file system reads are much much slower than average when reading from a directory with hundreds of files.

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bass what have you done? I just updated bagplug to the latest version and it takes now about 11 seconds to boot and load the favorites!
frown.gif

All previous versions only needed a few seconds.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2-bias said:
Bass what have you done? I just updated bagplug to the latest version and it takes now about 11 seconds to boot and load the favorites!
frown.gif

Is it just the fixed release that is slow or was the previous unfixed one slow as well? I'm starting to think some of the problems people are having are probably caused from SDK issues. I'm not sure what I can do to fix such problems as it seems to happen randomly or not even at all.

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BassAceGold said:
2-bias said:
frown.gif

Is it just the fixed release that is slow or was the previous unfixed one slow as well? I'm starting to think some of the problems people are having are probably caused from SDK issues. I'm not sure what I can do to fix such problems as it seems to happen randomly or not even at all.

I can't say, i missed the unfixed one. All i can say is that i never had those loading times untill now.

Edit: Ok, i downloaded the unfixed version from your server and it is slow too.

Edit 2: Looks it was a card issue. I made a complete fresh setup and it works fine now. Sorry

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to BAGPlug 3-5 fix 1 and everything appears to be working great.
yaynds.gif

Kinda strange that it's giving some people issues, most likely a card issue. I am using a 16gb Sandisk microSD card and haven't had an issue with the favorites or scrolling thru games.
Anyway, great work BassAceGold.

mia_d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've updated to BagPlug 3-5 fix 1 and the only thing I can't get to work is the Boxart. The Homebrew, NDS, and SNES boxart all seems to not load for me, and I've tried just about everything. It worked fine with the last version I had (2.something) and I thought it was because I had the wrong extensions but nope, I fixed the extensions and all that and they still don't work. I didn't change any of the CoverArt.ini files or anything like that, so I'm not sure what's up with it.

Anyone have any ideas or fixes, or is it just me?

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mia_d said:
Well, I've updated to BagPlug 3-5 fix 1 and the only thing I can't get to work is the Boxart. The Homebrew, NDS, and SNES boxart all seems to not load for me, and I've tried just about everything. It worked fine with the last version I had (2.something) and I thought it was because I had the wrong extensions but nope, I fixed the extensions and all that and they still don't work. I didn't change any of the CoverArt.ini files or anything like that, so I'm not sure what's up with it.

Read the update notes, you'll see that boxarts work slightly differently than before.

mia_d

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
mia_d said:

Read the update notes, you'll see that boxarts work slightly differently than before.

Yeah, I noted that the pngs need to have the extensions in them now but not for the commercial roms, since they use the internal release number, right?. I updated to the new homebrew cart packwith the extensions in them, and updated and made sure the SNES carts all have the right names plus extensions. However, not even the commercial rom covers work. I have no idea what else I need to change, and I'm sorry I'm being kinda a noob :c I tried reformatting the card and such but that didn't get it working either.

As an Aside, I REALLY love Bagplug and other than this everything else is working perfectly
biggrin.gif

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You have to change your coverart.ini files from
Code:
[Cover Art]
#path to folder with covers
folder = /_bagui/cover art/nds
#image type
type = png

for nds to
Code:
[nds]
folder = /_bagui/cover art/nds
#image type
type = png
or for snes covers
Code:
[smc]
folder = /_bagui/cover art/snes
#image type
type = png

Or you can put all these in one file named coverart.ini and put it in _bagui/user files/

Like this:
Code:
[nds]
folder = /data/bagui/covers/nds
type = png

[plg]
type = png

[nzip]
type = png

[nes]
folder = /data/bagui/covers/roms
type = png

[gb]
type = png

[gba]
type = png

[gbc]
type = png

[gg]
type = png

[smc]
type = png

[a26]
type = png

[ipk]
folder = /data/bagui/covers/media
type = png

Don't forget to use the right path and for any other files you must replace [Cover Art] with the [file extension] you want covers for.

D

Deleted-236924

2-bias said:
Code:
[smc]
folder = /_bagui/cover art/snes
#image type
type = png
Would it work with .sfc files if I changed the [smc] to [sfc]?

Yuin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any idea where to download complete japanese snes cover??
it's annoying to search one by one from gamefaqs images.
some cover like breath of fire II and lennus japanese cover more better than US cover.
thanks

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bass, i think you broke the moonshell 2 extlink support. When i open a ipk file the imageviewer shows me the filebrowser instead of opening the file directly.

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2-bias said:
Bass, i think you broke the moonshell 2 extlink support. When i open a ipk file the imageviewer shows me the filebrowser instead of opening the file directly.

I remember having issues getting the ipk viewer working. Not sure why it doesn't work with the standard extlink support, but nesterDS works fine with extlink and is what I used to test support.
Does the nesterDS (comes with moonshell) still work for you?

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BassAceGold said:
2-bias said:

I remember having issues getting the ipk viewer working. Not sure why it doesn't work with the standard extlink support, but nesterDS works fine with extlink and is what I used to test support.
Does the nesterDS (comes with moonshell) still work for you?

Yes, nester works. I tried the ipk viewer with only one ipk file on my card and it works too, i mean it opens right away. But this is weird, i think i remember having at least two ipks on my card with the last version of bagplug and got no browser. And when i use moonshell to open one, it doesn't shows me the browser neither.
So i can't really say what the problem is.
unsure.gif

Maybe i'll check it later with another card and an old version, but for now i can live with that. In fact, is someone besides me really using ipk?
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii