Homebrew Badge Arcade hacking?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i was looking into it in january and made some progress but then got stuck and bored because yeah the changes will just be removed when you go back to the center
(infinite badges, custom shortcuts etc)
you can give apps shortcuts even when they no have shortcut, but you can only give a shortcut to system apps, very annoying :(

here is my picture from january
1134120q2l0frjlqozqr2j.jpg

Reactions: jernk

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can confirm based on the files I've received that badges are cross-region compatible and that the hashes are static between different 3DSes. This means that the 3DS badge library project is real :D
Not all the badge are cross region tough. The badge that replace certain app don't works if in another region. Example: If you have the K.K. badge that replace the music application shortcut, the badge will search for the japanese version of the music application, which not every region have.

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all the badge are cross region tough. The badge that replace certain app don't works if in another region. Example: If you have the K.K. badge that replace the music application shortcut, the badge will search for the japanese version of the music application, which not every region have.

Yeah, we're also finding not all badges appear on another region's 3DS, probably because they're japan exclusive.

GolyBidoof

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i was looking into it in january and made some progress but then got stuck and bored because yeah the changes will just be removed when you go back to the center
(infinite badges, custom shortcuts etc)
you can give apps shortcuts even when they no have shortcut, but you can only give a shortcut to system apps, very annoying :(

here is my picture from january
-
Nice job mate, why didn't you post your research, I lost the entire evening figuring that out :P
Well then, time to make the tool/library to actually put that knowledge into use :P

Reactions: cearp

GolyBidoof

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, we're also finding not all badges appear on another region's 3DS, probably because they're japan exclusive.
Not really, don't spread unconfirmed info, it looks like I just failed up Hex Edit because American badges don't appear to work as well. Give me a while, I'll find a root of this problem.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Nice job mate, why didn't you post your research, I lost the entire evening figuring that out :P
Well then, time to make the tool/library to actually put that knowledge into use :P
sorry :( ha, i made a thread at the time but because it was jp only no one really helped, i tried to get further myself but the checksums got me, i couldn't import a friend's badges and that combined with the changes being lost each time i go to the shop put me off working on it more.
you got further than me, so cool! a tool would be nice!
oh yeah changing the badge amount to FF will make infinite, but also FE will make infinite too, but the 'crown' image (instead of the amount number) will be a different color... weird

How do people dump there badge file?
i just used savedatafiler

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Yes and no, the apps shortcuts doesn't work as long as those badges aren't released in their respective region, for example I still keep many from my badges when I played Kazareru, and none of the system apps worked, but when Ninty released the game in the US the apps I got from playing in the JAP version that were released in the US version started working.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes and no, the apps shortcuts doesn't work as long as those badges aren't released in their respective region, for example I still keep many from my badges when I played Kazareru, and none of the system apps worked, but when Ninty released the game in the US the apps I got from playing in the JAP version that were released in the US version started working.
sure because the jp camera has a different title id to the korean camera, eur camera, usa camera... etc etc :)
(an easy fix if we edit the badge data)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4