Badge arcade archive?

tntcraft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I was wondering if anyone had backups of badge catchers? I would like to make a mod where you can inject your own badge catchers (and not connect to nintendo servers obvs). Im not sure, but I think that old badge catchers are deleted to prevent them taking up space

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone had backups of badge catchers? I would like to make a mod where you can inject your own badge catchers (and not connect to nintendo servers obvs). Im not sure, but I think that old badge catchers are deleted to prevent them taking up space
Its not possible to play offline on Badge Arcade. You can however inject your own custom badges for use with the HOME Menu.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry, just had a lot of bad experiences + a bad week
Right now its currently not possible to play Badge Arcade without an internet connection. If you would like to search for the official badges, then Google is your friend. Nearly all of them have been archived up-to-date.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Badge Arcade app uses SpotPass to get its data.

If I recall correctly, it usually pulls two encrypted containers (data_v130.dat and data_v131.dat) that hold stuff for current week, like cranes, badges, text strings, etc.
Sadly, I don't think that anyone ever bothered backing up those files for every weekly update, but it's likely that the only actually unique stuff in those is dialogs with rabbit.
There's another pair of files (allbadge_v130.dat and allbadge_v131.dat) which, like the name implies, contains all badges, sets, crane backgrounds and icons, minus some badge and crane data that is already inside the app + latest patch combo.

You might want to look into this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/get-any-official-badges-without-other-users-data.476300/
It uses those "allbadge" files mentioned above, and the tool pack from there should give you an idea where the SpotPass data is downloaded from and how to decrypt it.
So, even if weekly archives are not preserved, it might still be theoretically possible to craft custom ones with any cranes and badges ever released, as all of the most important data should be available one way or another.

ntoskrnl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They should be, and since SpotPass servers are still up, you'll be able to download latest available data yourself.
How would one download that data? (both the data_v130.dat and data_v131.dat and the allbadge_v130.dat and the allbadge_v131.dat)

Last edited by ntoskrnl,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thank you! Is there any other file I should backup before the servers go down?
I think that's all of downloadable files, or at least all that I know of. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way, if you're only interested in badges themselves, then "alldata_v13x" dats is all you need for this tutorial; the Allbadge Tool will still work as long as the files are named properly (it expects them to have regions in names, e.g."alldata_v130_JPN.dat" or "alldata_v131_EUR.dat").

The rest of the data would probably only be useful in making a custom server for the Badge Arcade app, and the Pretendo team apparently have that in their plans, so they must have all of the required files preserved already.

ntoskrnl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that's all of downloadable files, or at least all that I know of.

Either way, if you're only interested in badges themselves, then "alldata_v13x" dats is all you need for this tutorial; the Allbadge Tool will still work as long as the files are named properly (it expects them to have regions in names, e.g."alldata_v130_JPN" or "alldata_v131_EUR").

The rest of the data would probably only be useful in making a custom server for the Badge Arcade app, and the Pretendo team apparently have that in their plans, so they must have all of the required files preserved already.
I did a VirusTotal check, and it says that allbadge-tool is a malicious file (23/71 said it was malicious). Should I be concerned or are those false positives?

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I did a VirusTotal check, and it says that allbadge-tool is a malicious file (23/71 said it was malicious). Should I be concerned or are those false positives?
Yeah, those are false positives.
Those antiviruses probably don't like how the executable is packed, or something else like that that is similar to viruses.
Also, majority of those who detect it seems to be some obscure antiviruses, while the most reputable and popular ones like Malwarebytes and even Windows Defender (which is usually way more trigger-happy) say that the file is clean.

Reactions: ntoskrnl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol