flygon12345

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
I had this problem once. Try enabling DMZ for the 3DS' IP. Worked for me!
and how do i do that?

I read that you don't know the password to your router's settings. Try googleing the DEFAULT PASSWORD of your router model. Usually it's admin for login (no password).
Anyway, once you're there, just search for DMZ (it's probably in the Advanced or NAT section/tab). Check "enabled" and assign it to your 3DS' IP (there should be a box there for setting the IP). If you don't know that IP, you should manually set one: on your 3DS, go to System Settings -> Internet Settings -> Connection Settings -> (select the one you're using) -> Change Settings -> Tap that arrow on the right of the touch screen -> IP Address -> Check 'No' -> Detailed Setup -> For the IP address, put XXX.XXX.XXX.150 (the Xs being the first 9 numbers of your router's gateway) -> For Subnet Mask, put 255.255.255.000 -> For gateway, put your router's gateway -> OK -> OK -> Now you must set the DNS... 004.002.002.001 for the Primary and 004.002.002.002 for Secondary (got these from Nintendo's Online Support... I guess) -> OK -> And finally... SAVE! Now just have to put the XXX.XXX.XXX.150 IP on the DMZ settings I mentioned earlier.
Phew... I hope this helps! :D
my router has 6 digits ...and i got in but firewall and spi are already disables now what
All the IPs have 12 numbers. For example, if your router's IP is 192.168.1.1, then it's the same as 192.168.001.001. So, XXX.XXX.XXX.150 would be 192.168.001.150.
oh..thnx

flygon12345

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
and how do i do that?

I read that you don't know the password to your router's settings. Try googleing the DEFAULT PASSWORD of your router model. Usually it's admin for login (no password).
Anyway, once you're there, just search for DMZ (it's probably in the Advanced or NAT section/tab). Check "enabled" and assign it to your 3DS' IP (there should be a box there for setting the IP). If you don't know that IP, you should manually set one: on your 3DS, go to System Settings -> Internet Settings -> Connection Settings -> (select the one you're using) -> Change Settings -> Tap that arrow on the right of the touch screen -> IP Address -> Check 'No' -> Detailed Setup -> For the IP address, put XXX.XXX.XXX.150 (the Xs being the first 9 numbers of your router's gateway) -> For Subnet Mask, put 255.255.255.000 -> For gateway, put your router's gateway -> OK -> OK -> Now you must set the DNS... 004.002.002.001 for the Primary and 004.002.002.002 for Secondary (got these from Nintendo's Online Support... I guess) -> OK -> And finally... SAVE! Now just have to put the XXX.XXX.XXX.150 IP on the DMZ settings I mentioned earlier.

do need to change my DNS ..i am using different dns which enables nintendo video for those who live outside US

flygon12345

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
and how do i do that?

ok did everything you mentioned but still didnt work

flygon12345

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
Try setting your DNS to 8.8.8.8 for the 1st field and 8.8.4.4 for the 2nd field. This is Google's DNS so it might help, but always write down your original DNS numbers before changing them,
i lost my orginal dns long ago ..i am using a custom dns which allows nintendo video to work for us 3ds even if they live outside USA....also 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 didnt help ...thnx for you help

flygon12345

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
people pls help me out ...i badly want to play the online mode ....so pls...also to those who mae me change firewall settings and stuff ..i also have a psp go in which i play games with online an i used to play it without dces with the old settings ...so is something wrong with my 3ds...pls help people

flygon12345

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
Port forwarding is for hosting, playing mario kart on the DS/3DS isn't hosting. The outgoing ports aren't blocked either, since he can connect at all.

The issue is likely spotty internet. If your internet disconnects for a second while playing, there's nothing you can do.
if i change my net or router will it help

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
1 quick question is modem the same thingy as a router
Not exactly.

Router is like a device that spreads the Internet wirelessly.
Modem is something that receives the Internet.

I could be wrong.

Btw, something weird here. My Wi-Fi is 802.11 n (as seen from my laptop), but my 3DS can connect to that!
I thought the 3DS only supports 802.11 b/g?

EDIT: it's 802 not 801

flygon12345

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
Not exactly.

I could be wrong.

Btw, something weird here. My Wi-Fi is 802.11 n (as seen from my laptop), but my 3DS can connect to that!

well i have a modem which says router on top of it...which is dumb...lol

so i was confused

now for ur thingy first of all how to check that thingy and second is urs fixed now

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Not exactly.

I could be wrong.

so i was confused

now for ur thingy first of all how to check that thingy and second is urs fixed now
I dunno. I just opened my laptop settings one day and it stated "wireless 802.11 N connection".

My 3DS has no problems connecting. I am just confused why it can connect to a 'N' network when it only supports b/g as stated on the box.

With regards to your modem, that thing COULD be integrated (like my old SingTel one). That's why it's modem/router. I'm using fibre now and I have switched providers. They gave a separate modem and router.

flygon12345

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
Not exactly.

I could be wrong.

so i was confused

I dunno. I just opened my laptop settings one day and it stated "wireless 802.11 N connection".

My 3DS has no problems connecting. I am just confused why it can connect to a 'N' network when it only supports b/g as stated on the box.

With regards to your modem, that thing COULD be integrated (like my old SingTel one). That's why it's modem/router. I'm using fibre now and I have switched providers. They gave a separate modem and router.
ohk....well i couldnt find where it stated 802..1 N in mine but since browser eshop swapnote and stuff work i dont thing its a problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night