Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Not going to happen, i highly doubt that 3DS and DS Titles will be on the Switch! The Wii U as well. Why, only because they did state that (Nintendo) is not Replacing both the 3DS and Wii U Line up. Essentially, the Switch is a hybrid system. Overall, this isn't going to happen.

Reactions: nmkd

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@grossaffe
@TotalInsanity4

So you guys dont think that the switch will be able to emulate nes snes or n64 out the box?
Out of the box? Of course not!
After a couple of months when they finally offer some VC title on the eshop, maybe.

But how is this connected with what they were speaking about? (Wii U emulation not possible)

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of the box? Of course not!
After a couple of months when they finally offer some VC title on the eshop, maybe.

But how is this connected with what they were speaking about? (Wii U emulation not possible)

You 100% sure about that? I dont think anyone has the credibility to say whether or not this will happen out the box since none of us work for Nin so this entire thread is speculative anyway.

Last time i checked backwards comparability goes for any game system that existed previous to the current sooooooo nes snes n64 pertain to this conversation...

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You 100% sure about that? I dont think anyone has the credibility to say whether or not this will happen out the box since none of us work for Nin so this entire thread is speculative anyway.

Last time i checked backwards comparability goes for any game system that existed previous to the current sooooooo nes snes n64 pertain to this conversation...
Yes. I am sure. No VC title will be included inside the box.
And no, that is not backwards compatibility. You are talking nonsense.

PS: perhaps you will realize your nonsense when you notice that by saying emulation (VC) is the same as backwards compatibility, you are also saying that a Mac is backwards compatible with a NES/SNES/N64.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My uncle works at Nintendo.
So like i said...none of US work at Nin

What does he have to say about this particular subject?

Yes. I am sure. No VC title will be included inside the box.
And no, that is not backwards compatibility. You are talking nonsense.

Who tf said inside the damn box?? I SAID "out the box" meaning day 1

And actually you might wanna do a little research because VCs are the very DEFINITION of BC. Prime example: Xbox Games With Gold And The BC Program That Xbox Preview Member Such As Myself Got To Enjoy Months Before The Officoal Release This Is The Same Shit Were Talking About Dude.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So like i said...none of US work at Nin

What does he have to say about this particular subject?

Who tf said inside the damn box?? I SAID "out the box" meaning day 1

And actually you might wanna do a little research because VCs are the very DEFINITION of BC. Prime example: Xbox Games With Gold And The BC Program That Xbox Preview Member Such As Myself Got To Enjoy Months Before The Officoal Release This Is The Same Shit Were Talking About Dude.
No day 1.

PS: also, quite a catchy name MS decided for its emulation program, every time I plug my blue dragon dvd on my x1 I remember how "backward compatible" it is. Microsoft can call its emulation program the mount everest as well as I can call my dick the Saturn V, but that won't change its real nature.

PS2: and the blue dragon joke doesn't work because they added it to the "BC" program yesterday and I didn't notice. (Just waiting for the download to complete to try it on x1)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was being sarcastic D:
Lol oh i thought u were serious xD

@sarkwalvein
You may be right or wrong because knowing Nins history they like to have you play the systems native games before letting you indulge in other areas but that doesnt mean the system is incapable of having these older games played on it *EDIT* @ day 1.

Last edited by MarzDaindigo,

Driver

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the chance of Nintendo porting the following games?

New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8

New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7

And what about other Nintendo titles not mentioned? I mean the Wii U bombed. So why not give those games a second chance. 3DS and switch both use ARM, correct? I wouldn't need to buy a Wii U when/if it goes on clearance for cheap.

Last edited by Driver,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the chance of Nintendo porting the following games?

New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8

New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
The only title I see getting ported anytime soon, if at all, is MK 8. The rest of these, maybe even including MK 8, will just get sequels.
May go as far as replace New SMB with "New Mario Maker" or Mario Maker 2.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you work for Nin you aint verified
... Look. I want you, right now, to pull out your phone and try to run Cemu on it. COMPLETELY disregarding the power differential between a computer and your phone, it can't run it because it's x86 code emulating PPC code that's not meant to run on an ARM processor. Now bring that power differential back in and you'll find that even if you could run it, it would go at 5fps, if that. THAT'S what we're looking at here

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The reason that the Wii U can play Wii games isn't because they're ports, it's because hardware-wise it's essentially 3 Wiis glued together (and, incidentally, the Wii was 3 GameCubes duct-taped on top of each other). Think of this as like 8 N3DSs that have been melted down and re-forged into something better; it resembles the original product and might be able to even play the games of what it was made of with some work, but there's no way in hell it's playing native Wii U games
and that is why a switch grid makes so much sense!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1