OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Another Forum: Was Interesting

I'm just curious about the time it takes to backup and burn a wii game
i read on how to backup wii game forum like about 2 hours or more..
well i attempted 3 dumps and all of them were on my Lg drive at 2 hours and 40 mintues...is that correct?? and to burn it depends on speed, but on average it's 15-30...so in total amount of time..would be 2 hours and 55 mintues??? WHAO??? Is there another way to elimate the time? i remember way back to Ps2, it only took 15-20 mintues because of 2 dvds drives, 1 drive for the game, and the other drive for the blank disk.burning,quick and easy... but how come wii doesnt have that??

well thanks hope to get back some response because im just curious, i'm looking on craigslist and theirs people selling like 50 backups, so i wonder hows that possible to get 50 games so quickly backed up?? that means like 50x3 = 150 HRZ?!?!

um....

SirDrake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dumping takes 2 hours why? cause the data is scrambled

some ppl can download 4.14gb wii iso in less when 30 mins does that explain the craiglist thing?

Chronics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dumping takes 2 hours why? cause the data is scrambled

some ppl can download 4.14gb wii iso in less when 30 mins does that explain the craiglist thing?

download? oh lol it takes me like 2 days
sleep.gif
"im on dsl haha i guess ppl download lol! but what u mean by scrambled? i use rawdump on average 3 hrz to burn and image

nilsk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
4.14 is mostly compressed ( mostly rar archives ), experience taught me that the size of the iso isnt allways the same either

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Newsgroups are the safest source of anything right now imho, I use astraweb ($25 for 90 gigs of downloads). Its not user friendly so I suggest you read up on how to use newsgroup or try easynews (20 gig, $10 a month, bonus gigs the longer you are subscribed) since it has a nice search interface. Alot faster too since its pure download.

As far as torrents, the MPAA and RIAA are the big entities to be worried about so you are probably safe. If you are taking 2 days to download, are you firewalled? That may be causing trouble.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mininova takes so long
4.14 isnt the correct size for a wii game isnt it suppose to be at 4.37GB?

If you have a good connection speed you might want to think of paying for the newsgroups. My download speed is about 5mb and I can get a wii game in about 2 1/2 hours.

I also agree with what the last poster said. Torrents are just too well monitored these days. Even if you have peerguardian protecting you, if they close the tracker down, the tracker itself could have all your details on it.

XT Mercenary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Newsgroups are the safest source of anything right now imho, I use astraweb ($25 for 90 gigs of downloads). Its not user friendly so I suggest you read up on how to use newsgroup or try easynews (20 gig, $10 a month, bonus gigs the longer you are subscribed) since it has a nice search interface. Alot faster too since its pure download.

As far as torrents, the MPAA and RIAA are the big entities to be worried about so you are probably safe. If you are taking 2 days to download, are you firewalled? That may be causing trouble.

www.giganews.com

$25.99 for unlimited downloads, probably the best provider around. 120 days retention........

lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...