Hacking Backup Loading?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't give a damn. How much time was between Gateway and Palatine/Rxtools allowing to load backups? Easily worth that money, can still switch to Atmosphere or whatever god damn CFW is going to come and still use my SX Dongle to boot it

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@dankzegriefer its not that TX does anything better the atmosphere. It’s the proof of features that people have been waiting for such as backup loaders and it’s not far away (2 or so weeks)
TX also claim to be working on more features like emunand that will probably release before atomosphere as well.

I’m sure atomosphere will be far more superior in the long run however there is no release date (except sometime in summer/winter depending where you are) no known backup loader, no known functionality.

I’m the kind of person that is happy to pay money for something if it means I get it quicker And a lot of other people feel the same, it’s just preference.

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
50$ to 100$ for a dongle and a jig that can be recreated with almost 100 devices. A backup loader that will be obsolete in days (if atmosphere can install external applications to switch home then you can put games on it). A CFW as easy to install as atmosphere. Ongoing support from the community that won't fall apart in a few months. And Atmosphere works on all firmwares (at launch).
So what exactly does TX do better?

Dude, I don't want to carry a smartphone with me for the sole purpose of installing SXOS/Atmosphere. I'm absolutely fine with my old Nokia cell phone, I don't need another one. What I need is a portable and tailored solution for injecting a payload and TX offers that. I don't even care about SX-OS (and if TX supports it for a long time), If it was possible I would even buy the dongle without a SX-OS license and jig. And you know what? SX-OS might be obsolete sooner than later, but the dongle will be useful for a very long time.

PS: I'm pretty sure we won't see an official Atmosphere release this month let alone an Atmosphere Backup Loader.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Money is money.

You're nitpicking here... just as I am quoting this little bit of your statement.

Money is money, as is time. Let's say you waste countless hours discussing atmosphere and thinking about how awesome it'll be when it's finally there. And when it is there you invest a bit of money and some time to get it to run on your device. Those who shelled out some of their disposable income for that dongle won't have to think about such things anymore and could either be more productive or at least more satisfied playing games within that time.

Depending on where you live and what you work as you could make more money than an SX Pro costs within the same timespan you would spend on getting another solution to run.

That being said, I personally am glad I am even able to decide between money and time spent. Of course, I respect the opinion and reasons of everyone who is not that lucky and understand that some people even depend on less expensive solutions.

Last edited by Axido,

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I like to look at life like a triangle

The triangle is money, time and quality

- if you want to save money, but want quality, then you have to sacrifice time and wait longer (atmosphere)

- if you want it now, and want quality, then you have to spend money (SX-OS)

- if you want it now and don’t want to spend money then your gonna end up with rubbish

Last edited by Anthony D'Amico,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really don’t understand some people’s judgemental attitude to others who choose to buy SX.
The line always seems to be but a loader will be free a few days after Atmosphere releases.
Maybe it will, maybe it won’t.
Personally I don’t even care.
The dongle is useful to me in any case and I just like to get involved in the latest developments.
I won’t be losing any sleep worrying maybe it’ll be obsolete in a week or so.
Enjoy your Pong.

Reactions: Anthony D'Amico

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations, you wasted your money instead of spending the time and money to get the exact same thing with Atmosphere and have gotten the next Gateway.
You realize SX will die within a few years right? And will be totally irrelevant and useless?
Sounds like somebody is a little salty! And perhaps doesn't have enough disposable income to afford the small amount of $40 that he's hating on?

I ordered it. Let people do what they want to do.

Reactions: 210modz

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these babies. Sorry you can't afford $40 and have to make excuses for it. Enjoy the wait for atmosphere then enjoy the wait to load backups on it. Xecuter will get constant updates throughout its life. Don't worry I will post some videos of me using it so you can have some sort of good experience while you wait.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations, you wasted your money instead of spending the time and money to get the exact same thing with Atmosphere and have gotten the next Gateway.
You realize SX will die within a few years right? And will be totally irrelevant and useless?
> a few years

if SX lasts a few years i will have gotten way more than my moneys worth by then and it will have far outlived my expectations
i wasn't going to get it but i preordered it the other day , FOMO got me
but i may wait a bit before updating past 2.3.0

still like half the cost of GW and i was satisfied with GW and the support it got

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not do both?

On 3DS I enjoyed gateway long before CFW came out and then I enjoyed that.

Some people spend their money on boats and expensive trips. I have a toolbox full xecuter mod chips, JTAG and RGH kits for the xbox classic and 360.

I was modding xbox's for people long before TSOP or softmod were possible. But after that I perfected the TSOP process and eventually just did softmods.

I prefer to enjoy all aspects of making MY hardware do whatever the hell I want. Whether it be softmod or hardware. I dig it. And I want to be able to be knowledgeable enough in all aspects of the "hack" to help others along the way.

No need to get nasty with each other. Let's all revel in the glory of what's happening with the Switch. In ALL aspects!

It's an exciting time!

(For the record. I preordered the TX OS. And I'll probably order the whole kit as well. I've used their products for decades. I completely trust their engineering and support. Very interested to check that CFW out. The rest of the hardware is very duplicatable using a plethora of hardware choices)

Last edited by Kafluke,

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kafluke you took the words right out of my mouth. Couldn't agree more!

I have two Switch's (one on 1.0.0 I recently found cheap, waiting for a coldboot option, and another on 4.1) and I obviously plan on using both TX and Atmosphere. I'm excited to see what new hacks the future holds! There should be no hate for either team.

P.S. Looking forward to the inevitable Switch guide!

Reactions: Kafluke

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
All these babies. Sorry you can't afford $40 and have to make excuses for it. Enjoy the wait for atmosphere then enjoy the wait to load backups on it. Xecuter will get constant updates throughout its life. Don't worry I will post some videos of me using it so you can have some sort of good experience while you wait.
I will wait for someone to hack the tx os and will run it for free till atmosphere get stable enough after its reales lol
#Pirate the pirates

Last edited by MonMonz,

abk14459

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people so salty that others are getting the tx? Why can't we have both?

I have my main launch switch with FW 1.0.0 that I've kept, still waiting for atmosphere, emunand, and a coldboot solution.

Ran out of patience when I heard the tx pro is releasing as well as mhgx releasing soon so I found a good deal on just the switch tablet + joycons + charger for $130 and pre-ordered the tx pro for $45. Just a new game is worth $60 so $45 is nothing because you'll be getting your money's worth just downloading and playing all those games with the loader.

And when/ if coldboot comes out for my 1.0.0, I'll just sell my other switch, most likely banned by then, with the tx pro to someone else and still make a profit!

Last edited by abk14459,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1