TankTan38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

After upgrading our internet from 30KBps to 1MBps a few weeks ago, I am interested in running Wii backups because I can download them a lot faster. I need help on a backup loader that doesn't have a channel and doesn't require the Homebrew Channel to be installed to run. I need this because my Dad thinks everything considered "hacking" has a virus that will take his credit card number. I know better than that, obviously.

He also periodically checks for the Homebrew Channel, so that's the only way he know it would be hacked. That's why I want to know if there is a loader that can run discs through the normal disc channel, or maybe even just a backup channel if all else fails. I may want to run off a USB or an SD, but that's for when I get more advanced. I can have the Homebrew channel to install it, but I need it gone for when he checks. I think I would be able to get away with a backup loader, though.

Any help is appreciated,
TankTan38

PS: At least he hasn't figured out what Cydia and the Acekard are.
wink.gif

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Have him removed his credit card info if it is saved in the wii (just buy point cards off amazon or local store) and hide the HBC channel on the third page, or put it on SD card and stick it on the 20th page.

TankTan38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
Have him removed his credit card info if it is saved in the wii (just buy point cards off amazon or local store) and hide the HBC channel on the third page, or put it on SD card and stick it on the 20th page.
Well, I put it on the last page a few years ago. I got in big trouble. And with the credit card thing, he knows its not on the Wii, he just has weird theories about it going throught the wifi to get to the computer and what not.

I tried moving the HBC to the SD card once, but it didn't work.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Just assure him that its safe and secure

Its a bit like on your pc, you dont have all your software from the same company that made your os, no we get the software which we like and sometimes that software is 3rd party, does it increase the likelihood of getting a virus or having your credit card details stolen ?, no as long as its from a reliable source, you get viruses from not applying common sense and INSTALL AN ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL and keep it up to date and dont download files or browse websites that look suspicious.

TankTan38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Richardarkless said:

Its a bit like on your pc, you dont have all your software from the same company that made your os, no we get the software which we like and sometimes that software is 3rd party, does it increase the likelihood of getting a virus or having your credit card details stolen ?, no as long as its from a reliable source, you get viruses from not applying common sense and INSTALL AN ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL and keep it up to date and dont download files or browse websites that look suspicious.
Trust me, i've tried. He has Norton 360 on our computer.

How would I go about installing HBC on an SD card?

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
TankTan38 said:
Richardarkless said:

There is no way around this problem, you need the hbc or a channel, the best that you can do is maybe install priiloader and have it autoboot to the channel of the usb loader instead of the system menu but even then it will look suspicious

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can install PriiLoader, and then remove the HBC. Just setup PriiLoader to boot the System Menu by default, and when you want to run say USB Loader GX or whatever just boot into PriiLoader by holding down the reset button when powering on the Wii and load USB Loader GX.

I do recommend however that you explain things to your Father instead as Richardarkless suggests.

I feel dirty now for some reason...
dry.gif

-[]D

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
You can install PriiLoader, and then remove the HBC. Just setup PriiLoader to boot the System Menu by default, and when you want to run say USB Loader GX or whatever just boot into PriiLoader by holding down the reset button when powering on the Wii and load USB Loader GX.

I do recommend however that you explain things to your Father instead as Richardarkless suggests.

I feel dirty now for some reason...
dry.gif

-[]D
Wow. That's actually a lot better than using Bannerbomb or something every time.
I feel ashamed I didn't think of that. That's actually pretty devious.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
If it will help, create a poll, im sure many, myself included will answer the poll and after a fair amount have answered then show him. This will help him as it will show that its not just you but others think the same way about usb loaders and the homebrew channel

I understand why your father is unsure on the reliability, this isnt as well known as the official nintendo software and that means that less people will get into this part of the wii scene. This problem isnt just with the modding scene but everything, people will get a product based on the amount of people that recommend it

low amount of people = Unsure about product = Wont get and instead will get the competitors product which is well known, does it mean that that unpopular product is a bad one, no it just means its not had as much publicity as the popular product

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use any backup loader you want. just pick one. then get the channel for that loader and swap the banner.

put the banner for the weather channel or something on your backup loader. as long as your dad doesnt try to use that channel, hell never know.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
just use any backup loader you want. just pick one. then get the channel for that loader and swap the banner.

put the banner for the weather channel or something on your backup loader. as long as your dad doesnt try to use that channel, hell never know.
fantastic idea, actually.

make the banner read as such: "things that make sense"...no chance in hell your dad clicks that.

LegendarySkitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TankTan38 said:
Richardarkless said:

Your dad is afraid of viruses and has Norton? Yeah that's smarts...

Anyway, best is to just explain or accept his wishes, who knows what he'd do if he found out you have been going behind his back.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I love illogical technophobia.

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. THEY ARE IN OUR WII'S?!?!

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:

Perfect idea. Inject a forwarder .dol into a pre existing Nintendo channel that your dad doesn't use.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Also you could install Darkcorp which can run discs from the game channel. No way to tell it is hacked... But you should also have bootmii and priiloader first installed they are stealty and useful...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sao got it right, i usually never recommend darkcorp but it seems thats what you will need. to be safe i would install bootmii (as boot2/ios whichever you can or both) and use a sneek nand with darkcorp.

thats if you are using discs...usb loading however, get a forwarder channel. there are some really professional ones, especially neorame's. put it on the last page of channels.

TankTan38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your suggestions! I think I may try a few. A few quick questions:

Can you use DVD RWs?
Can some explain how to install HBC onto a SD card, please?

TankTan38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain how I would use priiloader to load a backup loader? I am new at this, but I do know that my Wii was bought around release and it is on a firmware that can run bannerbomb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water