Hacking Backup Loader without channel.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
TankTan38 said:
Can someone explain how I would use priiloader to load a backup loader? I am new at this, but I do know that my Wii was bought around release and it is on a firmware that can run bannerbomb.
1. Copy the backup loader forwarder.dol to the root of your SD card
2. Click 'installed file'
3. Select the forwarder.dol
4. Wait 2 seconds for install
5. Fin.

If you choose to install the actual backup loader.dol in there, then there's no need for an SD card unless you want game covers to be shown.

TankTan38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I got BootMii on boot2 on my release Wii. :) I used completesoftmodguide.tk to get everything installed. So what I did was hacked with BannerBomb (i'm on 4.2) and depatched the trucha bug, then used the virgin Wii method in Darkcorp full 1.1 to install. I also tried Priiloader, too. But it turns out that my burn of Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my DVD RW at 4x speed using CyberLink Power2Go was no good. I tried it with Darkcorp and Neogamma. Right now I am writing Wii Party PAL to another DVD RW disc.

A few questions:

What's wrong with my SMG2 burn?
How do I run PAL games in Darkcorp? Do I need like hacks.ini in Priiloader or something?
How do I disguise my HBC banner or hide it to where it can only be booted through BootMii?
When I take out my SD card and turn on my Wii, BootMii obviously doesn't boot, but the screen just stays blank. If I hold reset, Priiloader will load. What's the issue?

Thanks.

TankTan38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Wii Party didn't work, and neither does the one I burned with imgBurn the 2nd time. I get error 1208 in Neogamma. Is it because I am using DVD RWs?

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
1.no dont use RW
2.I have the WD mypassport in the link and it works fine!!!
3.for bootmii you need sd card with the files to boot it.
4. Cant run pal with darkcorp unless you patch the iso
5. you could probably also get into nand emulation for running HBC which is a level i am not at

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TankTan38 said:
How do I disguise my HBC banner or hide it to where it can only be booted through BootMii?
When I take out my SD card and turn on my Wii, BootMii obviously doesn't boot, but the screen just stays blank. If I hold reset, Priiloader will load. What's the issue?

Thanks.
For the disguising part, I believe I remember there being a way to turn a channel in to a hidden channel, or you could do what others have said and replace the banner with an official nintendo banner of a channel that your dad doesn't use using a program like customize mii or showmii wads

for the black screen issue, make sure that under priiloader settings you have it set to autoboot to the system menu

EDIT: I believe HideAndSeek can hide channels, but youd need to get the dol for the HBC first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol