Hacking Backup loader resets the wii.

yanny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done extensive searches about this one but cant find similar problems anywhere, hopefully someone can help. I have successfully installed homebrew and the backup loader channel onto my wii's and it works like a dream. However, I tried to do the same on a friends wii but now have probs. I successfully intastalled the HBC and backup loader but when I select the backup channel it reset's the wii and takes me back to the main menu. After I experienced these difficulties I checked the version of Firmware and compared it to my own. the problem wii was firmware 3.0 E, mine was 3.3E. After checking out various forums I decided that I needed to upgrade his firmware so used downgrader (strange name for software that is also upgrader). That also worked a dream as the firmware revision shows 3.3E and wii functions properly.....apart from (yes you guessed it ) the backup loader chnnel. I have re-installed the TP hack, HBC and Backuploader and still no different. I have also reformated the WII memory and re-installed the HBC+BUL, however I still have the same problem.........I'm getting real frustrated

I suppose it has to be something to do with the fact that I originally did the install into a 3.0 firmware but realising......pleasse does anybody have any pearls of wisdom?

Cheers
Yanny

yanny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your comment. Hmm, yeah I know I had the option of 3.2 at the time but figured as this was working well on my firmware version 3.3 I would go with what I know. I did install the CIOS yes and then selected the 249 option in dvdx.

Do you think it is worth attempting to install the 3.2 version?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yanny said:
Thanks for your comment. Hmm, yeah I know I had the option of 3.2 at the time but figured as this was working well on my firmware version 3.3 I would go with what I know. I did install the CIOS yes and then selected the 249 option in dvdx.

Do you think it is worth attempting to install the 3.2 version?

1. Forget DVDx, it's not needed anymore and only causes trouble for backup loaders. If you use DVDx for media player that ok, but if not deinstall and don't reinstall it.
2. The backup launchers require a cIOS installed as IOS249 in order to work.
3. If your backup loader channel(why does every noob use them???) restarts to the main menu, it's most likely you got a version which is build to do this.

PS: Before installing ANY CHANNELS other than the HBC and VC, up/downgrade to 3.2, install the Twilight Hack and DON'T DELETE IT and install Starfall with the 2 recovery disc/autoboot options.

yanny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks both for your input. I have uninstalled the DVDX element but no diff/ Also I already installed the custom IOS in channel 249. As far as the Fake install leaving me with no ios in the channels you mentioned a) how do I check if I have IOS in the channels you mentioned? b) if they are not there how do I correct that?

Also I just noticed that when I now try running the downgrader I get network error. The wii cannot connet to the net although it can see my router.This was definately working the last time I used the downgrader tool because previously the downgrade /Upgrade complete successfuly. I have checked my own Wii and confirmed that there is no prob with internet in general.

cheers

yanny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, I just had a thought....I run a custom IOS (I36) installer and that completes successfully, I just realised thast the only place that I found reference to 249 was in the DVDX installer......do I have to do something else to completed cIOS installed as IOS249 ?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
no, his problem is he did a "fake" upgrade, and is missing an IOS in the 30's....make sure you have 30,31, AND 35-37

yanny said:
how do I check if I have IOS in the channels you mentioned? b) if they are not there how do I correct that?

they aren't there, which is your problem. to double-check me, you can run AnyTitle Deleter 1.0 by tona through the HBC or TP-hack
and go in "system titles" or whatever, you'll see a bunch of IOS, but you'll be missing one of those I mentioned

to add them, you can extract them from a disc .iso, like "Guitar Hero 3" or similar, using "WiiScrubber" and looking in the update partition.
after you obtain them, use wad manager to install them.

Also I just noticed that when I now try running the downgrader I get network error.

your router just needs reset, just unplug it for a sec.

yanny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great news, noobie warior7's advice worked. I extracted the missing ios files from a SSBB iso then added the resulting wad files using wad manager. bingo, everything works...apart from the internet connection. I'll check other posts on that subject though. Good work fellas!

Cheers
Yanny

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr