Backup Loader Gamma reboot hook just hangs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jor-El, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Jor-El
    OP

Jor-El Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2009
    United States
    I want to be able to launch backups from the Disc Channel so I understand I need to reboot with hooks enabled.

I start the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma channel, holding down on 'B' and I get the "Rebooting With Hooks" message but the screen blinks and then just goes blank.

BTW My 1:1 backup discs are working through the Backup Launcher channel and the configuration menu is working.
    I have the default configuration, and no memory cards or game cube controllers connected, is there something I need to change?

Any ideas?

2. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    preloader installed? rebooters aren't compatible with that.

3. Jor-El
    OP

Jor-El Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2009
    United States
    nope no preloader, just Starfall.

4. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    GC region free hacks in starfall?

5. Jor-El
    OP

Jor-El Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2009
    United States
    Nope, only:
    * Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
    * Skip disc update check

6. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Ok, i can't solve your problem, but you should enable the last 3 options in starfall for disc update skupping and being able to autoboot zelda.

7. Jor-El
    OP

Jor-El Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2009
    United States
    yeah i have a separate topic on how to change the settings for Starfall, going to 'reinstall' it basically.
    thanks though.'

i think it is some setting in the backup launcher channel configuration that needs to be changed.

8. Jor-El
    OP

Jor-El Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2009
    United States
    i got it working, the problem was having a gamecube memory card in Slot B. I tried each of the three hook types and they all worked the same from what I could tell; but Slot B was a constant problem.

I could get the backuplauncher configuration to load with a memory card in Slot A but if I restarted with it in Slot B it would crash. However if I didnt hold 1 the backup would load in either case.