Hacking Backup Loader Gamma reboot hook just hangs

Jor-El

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to be able to launch backups from the Disc Channel so I understand I need to reboot with hooks enabled.

I start the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma channel, holding down on 'B' and I get the "Rebooting With Hooks" message but the screen blinks and then just goes blank.

BTW My 1:1 backup discs are working through the Backup Launcher channel and the configuration menu is working.
I have the default configuration, and no memory cards or game cube controllers connected, is there something I need to change?

Any ideas?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jor-El said:
Nope, only:
* Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
* Skip disc update check

Ok, i can't solve your problem, but you should enable the last 3 options in starfall for disc update skupping and being able to autoboot zelda.

Jor-El

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i have a separate topic on how to change the settings for Starfall, going to 'reinstall' it basically.
thanks though.'

i think it is some setting in the backup launcher channel configuration that needs to be changed.

Jor-El

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it working, the problem was having a gamecube memory card in Slot B. I tried each of the three hook types and they all worked the same from what I could tell; but Slot B was a constant problem.

I could get the backuplauncher configuration to load with a memory card in Slot A but if I restarted with it in Slot B it would crash. However if I didnt hold 1 the backup would load in either case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, mine is instrumental too