Hacking Backup loader .3 beta locks up while launching game.

knigitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've burned a couple games that work fine, and a couple games which seem to start launching in gecko to the point where it reads the game id and detects that no codes are found, then gecko seems to freeze. Any idea what could be causing this?

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some more info would be nice.
Wii Version?
DVD Brand?
Burn Speed?
DVD type (DVD-R? BookTyped?)
The name of the game?

knigitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US-NTSC Wii running 3.3U
Verbatim DVD-R (ZD3148-DVR-J47C1) at 8x
Game is Dokapon_Kingdom_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT, burnt ISO (unsure if it was previously patched?)

This also happened when burning one of the SSBB scrubbed copies floating around (forget which) on the same media when using Force NTSC, when I used PAL60 or just default I got black/white flickering horizontal bars overlaying on the screen and froze at the same spot. When using PAL50 it just turned black/white and froze at the same spot. Though it was a NTSC to PAL copy, so I RegionFrii'ed it and tried to make it NTSC but it didn't work.

Oddly enough the same exact media was used when burning Final.Fantasy.Fables.Chocobos.Dungeon.USA.Wii-iMARS and Mario_Kart_Wii_NTSC_USA without a hitch.

My Verbatim DVD+R's don't seem to be working at all, I get the NO DVD or w/e error (hard to read, overlaying text), I also have this issue when burning SSBB on a Memorex DVD+R DL (burning at 2.4x for this, though).

The two working games were burnt at 16x with another DVD burner, I may try that one again with Dokapon just to be sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol