Hacking Backup Loader 0.3 Compatibility Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

netsliderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as de blob is concerned, I can confirm that by entering a level REALLY fast through the menus (I'm talking about a 6-10 second window) you can play the game just fine. However, you need to be fast each and every single time even after having played through a level. It sucks but this is the best we've got for right now.

I tested this with my patched copy of de blob but I'm certain my 1:1 would be the same way since they behave the same way to begin with.

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
netsliderx said:
As far as de blob is concerned, I can confirm that by entering a level REALLY fast through the menus (I'm talking about a 6-10 second window) you can play the game just fine. However, you need to be fast each and every single time even after having played through a level. It sucks but this is the best we've got for right now.

I tested this with my patched copy of de blob but I'm certain my 1:1 would be the same way since they behave the same way to begin with.

are you using the little patch that has benn posted today ?! because i do not have a 6-10 second window to choose, maybe 2 or 3 and than it hangs @ the Wii Error Screen. just asking out of curiosity...

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So after some one asking me how i got a Patched and Scrubbed PAL DeBlob (working on Gators 0.3 and firm.version 3.3u on an NTSC console using Office Depot DVD+R and burned at 2.4X on a Samsung booktyped DVD-ROM) i tried to play it again to give more information but now i am having the same problem as everyone else. The first time i got it running i was clicking through buttons and menus pretty quickly being that i hate waiting and am familiar with the game. I just went to a new game played for a little while and turned it off to report that "it was working" but now i try to redo everything i did before and im getting stuck right past the load your profile screen.
I will keep trying.

Another thing i noticed that was that yesterday i had to set the hooktype to GC but just a little while ago i was able to load the game without setting the hooktype and just using my normal force to NTSC. Cant figure out why at times i need it and others i dont. I dont think its the disks because every other game ive played works great on them. Also i burned DeBlob on a memorex and still have the same result.

Edit: To answer another question in regards to if i uninstalled the older IOS, i left it alone and wrote the new one that was included in DjTaz ZIP (located in his sig) in hopes of using the 0.1 launcher which after testing both i was unable to use 0.1 without recieving a code dump. Since then i have removed the 0.1 launcher all together while still maintaining the IOS.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more games party, endless ocean, agather christy new game, my sims kingdom, celebrity games all working fine

these were unpatched 1.1 copy burned at 16x on datawrite,tesco and ritek dvd-r with a lg burner

john_dereck_sat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

I have some trouble with disaster PAL
copy 1 to 1 on DVD+R Verbatim
update removed with wii brick bloker v1.3 R2
CIOS FIX not installed
Firmware 3.2E

During the first shooting stage it is impossible to kill ennemies
You have got unlimited ammo and you can shoot as you want nothing happen

is anybody have the same issue?
Is there any solution?

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
will discs that have a eject disc and turn off the power error work on newer versions of the backup loader? is this some compability error? cause as far as i see lots of people have this error...

I would think so or at least hope so being that some of these games are actually loading a little bit of the actual game before crashing (ex. DeBlob).
DeBlob worked fine before and now only works for the first few screens so seeing it work on the old launcher makes me think they will incorporate some of what they did in both launchers to fix these problems in the next one.
The good thing is that with the speed in which the games load in the new launcher combined with some of the compatibility of newer games (ex.Tiger Woods 09), we should probably see an awesome all around next version.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games I got to work that aren't listed are.
Captain Rainbow NTSC-J
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess NTSC-J Version
Biohazard 0 NTSC-J
Dairantou Smash Brothers X Single Layer NTSC-J
Dairantou Smash Brothers X Dual Layer NTSC-J (Patched & Unpatched)

Games I got to work that are listed
Mario Super Sluggers NTSC-U
Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatosk NTSC-J

Games that didn't work
Wario Land Shake It! NTSC-U

All of them are unpatched and I used Maxell DVD-R I burned them at 4x speed
Dairantou Smash Brothers X Dual Layer NTSC-J I used Memorex DVD+R and that was burned at 4x Speed aswell.

I'll get more games later to test even my own!

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
john_dereck_sat said:

Worked fine for me, true 1:1 (no updates removed/the iso left virgin) on verbatim MCC03 DVD-R. Firmware 3.2e starfall. CIOS fix not installed.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked fine for me mate maybe your battery's are low on the wii mote or your just a bad shot

it needs to be a head shot or atleast not the flak jacket

Meowayne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Meharis said:
When there is no one adding our results to the wiki, i guess it`s pretty useless to furthermore test...
Sorry. I will wade through the thread adding info to the Wiki. It's just that university is giving me a pretty tight schedule atm, so things take their time.

john_dereck_sat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
quim69 said:
john_dereck_sat said:

Worked fine for me, true 1:1 (no updates removed/the iso left virgin) on verbatim MCC03 DVD-R. Firmware 3.2e starfall. CIOS fix not installed.

how can you have a firmware 3.2E if you don't remove the firmware update?

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
High all.
Just to say I have a pal wii 3.2e
I have a 1:1 copy of pal soul calibur legends with cios fix and then new back up loader 0.3 with the required updated files and it worked.
I was on 3.1e when I was playing it. Ill test it now ive updated to 3.2e and added stafall and let you know.
Only mention as some seem to have had problems with this game

aljabiraa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i burnt Wii Music (NTSC-U) onto a DVD-R (I have a PAL Wii). firstly i got dvd identify error, so i burnt it using a different drive, and i got past the jumbled letters.
then it said something about no sd codes, so i put ocarina off. now it got rid of 'no sd codes' but still it won't get past that screen with the information. I have changed the Hooktype (what does that mean?) and and between force PAL60 and PAL50. Also, I use a component cable. some say that it freezes at a green screen, i haven't even got to a green screen yet

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
john_dereck_sat said:
how can you have a firmware 3.2E if you don't remove the firmware update?
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

I think you are asking how I skip the update check? Well, firstly the backup loader blocks the updates automatically so blocking them manually is unnecessary. Secondly I have starfall installed as I said, which also blocks the update checks.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k guys dont think im a noob Ive just been lurking for a little lol I have a problem with disaster day of crisis pal on my ntsc console it works great everythings fine then I got to level 7 or 8 I believe and whenever I try to go to the next level it just gets stuck on a black screen and requires the whole holding down the power button to get the console unfrozen anybody else experience this and its a 1:1 backup I also tried to patch it same problem I hope its just a bad iso or something has anybody beat ddoc (pal copy) on a ntsc wii and it sucks cause from the compatibility wiki everyone says it works but I think thats a classic case of didnt play through the whole game.

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elvis24 said:
High all.
Just to say I have a pal wii 3.2e
I have a 1:1 copy of pal soul calibur legends with cios fix and then new back up loader 0.3 with the required updated files and it worked.
I was on 3.1e when I was playing it. Ill test it now ive updated to 3.2e and added stafall and let you know.
Only mention as some seem to have had problems with this game

Ok it no longer works since I updated to 3.2e and installed starfall. Just to make sure ive not f**ked up I have tested a couple of other games like resi 4 and they work.
Hope this helps

Rod_Hull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I reburnt Wario Land: TSD PAL on DVD-R media and it now works fine (bar the very choppy video at the start).

I've flashed my DVD drive to always booktype DVD+R as DVD-ROM, so I might try again with some DVD+R media to see the difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok