Hacking Backup Loader 0.3 Compatibility Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

I have a NTSC Wii and here are my results thus far with 0.3, using all unpatched source disc images:

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption PAL - Game Disc Read Error
de Blob PAL - Game Disc Read Error
Wii Music NTSC - Game Disc Read Error
Samba de Amigo - starts, but when I play a song I receive Game Disc Read Error

0 for 4 so far. I'm trying Wario Land Shake It! PAL next.

Has anyone else seen this drop in compatibility since 0.1/0.2? I had a lot better luck with the old loaders actually starting my games. Is there any reason to use patched images anymore?

edit: I tried Wario Land Shake It! PAL and it starts, allows me to begin a game, and then gives a Game Disc Read Error after Wario goes through the telescope.

0 for 5.

be9ine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, NTSC, 1:1, LB 2084960, Verbatim DVD+DL at 2.4x
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, NTSC 1:1, Verbatim DVD+DL at 2.4x
Neither work. DVD Title error or something like that, hard to read what the exact error is because it's all jumbled.

Pink_Waters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have a problem.
i have a pal wii, and a pal copy of paper mario,
when i try to play it, it gets past the wii strap screen and gives me an error:
game disc could not be read, refer to manual .... etc..

the compatibility wiki says that its supported ,, whats wrong ?

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
adocious said:
I have a NTSC Wii and here are my results thus far with 0.3, using all unpatched source disc images:

Has anyone else seen this drop in compatibility since 0.1/0.2? I had a lot better luck with the old loaders actually starting my games. Is there any reason to use patched images anymore?

edit: I tried Wario Land Shake It! PAL and it starts, allows me to begin a game, and then gives a Game Disc Read Error after Wario goes through the telescope.

0 for 5.

Sounds more like you're getting bad burns. 1:1 Wii Music NTSC/US works perfectly for me.

Pink_Waters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trilkin said:
adocious said:

0 for 5.

Sounds more like you're getting bad burns. 1:1 Wii Music NTSC/US works perfectly for me.

is it the same as my given error the post right above your one ?

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to say this once as a newbie silencer:

MOST, IF NOT ALL DISC READ ERRORS ARE TYPICALLY DUE TO A BAD BURN.
ENSURE THAT YOU ARE BURNING AT A VERY LOW SPEED (2.4x or lower) AND ARE BURNING ON NON-CRAPPY MEDIA.
IF IT DOESN'T WORK ON ONE BURN, TRY ANOTHER AT A SLOWER SPEED - THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE IF MULTIPLE PEOPLE ARE REPORTING THAT A GAME WORKS!

Note that this doesn't apply to the 'Eject Disc/Power Off' error. That's an entirely different animal.

D

Deleted User

Trilkin said:

Hrm. I'm using ImgBurn on Phillips DVD+R media with DVD-R booktype set, burned at 2x or 2.4x speed. It's the same method and media I used for the 7 games burned from patched disc images that worked with the 0.1/0.2 backup loaders. I'm not sure why I'd be burning coasters now, and both Samba de Amigo and Wario Land Shake It! at least start up. I only get a read error when I try to start gameplay in those two titles.

Pink_Waters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trilkin said:

ENSURE THAT YOU ARE BURNING AT A VERY LOW SPEED (2.4x or lower) AND ARE BURNING ON NON-CRAPPY MEDIA.
IF IT DOESN'T WORK ON ONE BURN, TRY ANOTHER AT A SLOWER SPEED - THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE IF MULTIPLE PEOPLE ARE REPORTING THAT A GAME WORKS!

Note that this doesn't apply to the 'Eject Disc/Power Off' error. That's an entirely different animal.

what about the error : game disc could not be read, refer to manual .... etc..

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pink_Waters said:
Trilkin said:

what about the error : game disc could not be read, refer to manual .... etc..

That's a disc read error.

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
adocious said:
Trilkin said:

Hrm. I'm using ImgBurn on Phillips DVD+R media with DVD-R booktype set, burned at 2x or 2.4x speed. It's the same method and media I used for the 7 games burned from patched disc images that worked with the 0.1/0.2 backup loaders. I'm not sure why I'd be burning coasters now, and both Samba de Amigo and Wario Land Shake It! at least start up. I only get a read error when I try to start gameplay in those two titles.

I really have no idea =( Shake It 1:1 works for me, so I don't think it's the game.

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
famousginni said:
smurphyzeke said:
1. Super Mario Galaxy (No Modchip Detection and WIIScubbed) (NTSC and patched/decrytped) - Works and loads fast. Burned on Imation DVD-R at 2.4x with IMGBurn
2. Zack and Wiki (NTSC patched to PAL, scrubbed, update Removed) (Patched/decrypted) - Works and loads faster than 0.1. Burned on Imation DVD-R at 2.4x with IMGBurn
3. Super Mario Sluggers (#001 error removed, scrubbed, update Removed) (NTSC and patched/decrypted) - Loading is faster with a few hiccups
4. Metroid Prime 3
5. Wario Land: Skate It! (NTSC and Patched/decrypted) - Loads to a black screen and the Wiimote is out of synch. Same thing with Gamecube on Hook setting. Burned on Imation DVD-R at 2.4x with IMGBurn

All games are played on an NTSC Wii and all games are NTSC unless noted.

ok i am kinda confused but i want to play a backup of smg (ntsc) but it dosn't work. what do u mean by no modchip detection and wiiscrrubbed.
i kinda think that scrubbed means shrunk or somthing but can someone please fill me in so that i can use this.
oh
and
Super Paper Mario NTSC Works Fine Using The Backup Loader v3

The games that are scrubbed just have garbage files taken out of them which were used to fill the disc, it shouldn't make a difference if it is or isn't scrubbed (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
The "No modchip detection" is just for people who have modchips, it would create an "Error #001" when a burned game would load. It shouldn't make a difference if it is or isn't scrubbed (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
I just added all the extra info because that is how they were when I downloaded them.

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be9ine said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, NTSC, 1:1, LB 2084960, Verbatim DVD+DL at 2.4x
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, NTSC 1:1, Verbatim DVD+DL at 2.4x
Neither work. DVD Title error or something like that, hard to read what the exact error is because it's all jumbled.
I tested SSBB DVD5 burnt on to a memorx dvd+r. First one I burnt at 2.4x un patched. Put it the Wii for the first time and it loaded right up, I skipped all the cut scenes (in fear of it crashing) and went to menu and started the game and it played just fine. I played 3 rounds and then left the game to test more games with the new 0.3 backup loader, tested a few and when I went to try to play SSBB again I keep getting the same error you are talking about man, I have no idea why it did this. I re-installed everything just to see if it would make it work again but sadly I can not get the game to work. Anybody have any ideas???

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
adocious said:
Trilkin said:

Why booktype DVD-R? Why not DVD-ROM?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love when people say to burn at a low speed... that's what gives more errors! The discs are MEANT to be burnt at a certain speed... if your disc says 16x, burn at 16x... if your disc says 2.4x, burn at 2.4x!

Stop telling everyone to burn at low speeds... that's whats causing most of the disc read errors!

serving

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a us wii and i have tested the follwing games

dokapon kingdom srcub ntsc-u patch works perfectly no lagging in vids
pokemon battle revoultion ntsc-u scrub patch works perfectly no load loding times anymore
one piece unlimted cruise ntsc-j scrub patch when started a new game the opening vid freezes
hitman reborn wiiscrub ntsc-j patch works in 0.1 version doesnt work on 0.3 version
naruto shippudden ex 2 scrub patch freezes during the intro

recca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wario Land: Shake it Dimension PAL - WORKS. A little skippy intro vid, but much faster. NTSC folks, use force ntcs to play the game. You don't need the NTSC version. On Area 1 Map, after you get the Secret Map, do not go there. It freezes at the loading screen.

Mortal Kombat - NOT WORKING. Went black after the screen that shows all the different types of remotes.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm Sega Super Stars Tennis not working.
both normal and decrypted/patched
It plays the intro video like nothing then gives the disc error right after you hit A to start.
I could get a little further so its having trouble playing a song I think.

Seems like a lot of games are suffering from the Disc Read error huh?
Maybe that'll get fixed next update.

recca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I burned ALL of my games at 16x on DVD+R and they all work except those games that don't work of course to begin with.

zidane_genome said:
I love when people say to burn at a low speed... that's what gives more errors! The discs are MEANT to be burnt at a certain speed... if your disc says 16x, burn at 16x... if your disc says 2.4x, burn at 2.4x!

Stop telling everyone to burn at low speeds... that's whats causing most of the disc read errors!

Posts merged

I agree. I burned ALL of my games at 16x on DVD+R and they all work except those games that don't work of course to begin with.

QUOTE(zidane_genome @ Oct 26 2008, 05:31 AM) I love when people say to burn at a low speed... that's what gives more errors! The discs are MEANT to be burnt at a certain speed... if your disc says 16x, burn at 16x... if your disc says 2.4x, burn at 2.4x!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that