Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

eternus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having similar problems. I think it is my CIOS as well. Does someone have detailled steps on how to check which CIOS is installed and how to remove it properly? Having something that updates without internet with be great as I would feel it's a proven set of files. Anyone?

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DjTaz : i actually think she can...http://bp2.blogger.com/_rdLuyYVq6YU/RaW2S4EArXI/AAAAAAAAAGY/byWZl6vf_d4/s400/elbow+wheel.jpg

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hasmeer said:
dawnbringer said:
hasmeer said:
I keep geting disk read errors with the loader (both 0.3b and 0.3 gamma)
I would think it's the way it was burnt, but the exact same disk works in my friends wii
The game (warioware) was burnt on a verbatim -R

Maybe your cios is messed up... try to re install everything
So just delete the cios (249?) with any title deleter, than reinstall IOS36 rev07
I'd retry it. I've always had trouble with the intro, so just mash the A button until you hit the title screen. I encountered one disk error on warioware on gamma, but I cleaned the disk because I saw some finger prints on the bottom, and it started working again.

Wiigator and Waninkoko, great job on this loader. Everything I've thrown at it works great, and rebooter/disk channel is just pure awesome!
wink.gif

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
I have a problem, I installed the Wiigator´s CIOs to the top of me carrying the games through the channel disc but I have worked only once, I have to install the menu pathcher of waninkoko?
Or perhaps it is a failure of services Wiigator.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a question. Well, the thing is, I'm out of blank DVDs. However, I have a few mini-DVDs left (which I was originally going to use to burn Gamecube games if I ever modded my Gamecube, which never happened). My question is, if I burn the Scrubbed version of AC:CF on a mini-DVD, will it still work with the Backup Loader 0.3 gamma?

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it says it's only 444MB (or so). Unless when you extract it and it goes back to being 4.37GB, how is this possible?

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
"Scrubbing" removes random padding (was known as "garbage" during GCN days) in the WOD.

This means that when archiving the game can be compressed down to a small size. Uncompressed the game will still be a standard 4.37gb.

cr08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought I'd add something here that hopefully someone with more powers than I can put a notice of somewhere here.

But one thing I noticed that can possibly skew people's views of compatibility with these loaders is that if you are using the rebooter portion and booting from the disc channel, if you leave the disc in and do a soft-shutdown of the machine (wiiconnect enabled, amber light) and turn it back on, it has kept the disc in memory but is booting with the stock menu. So the disc channel will show the copied disc and even let you click the start button, but it tends to just simply freeze at a black screen after the fadeout. This can obviously lead some to the conclusion that 'lol. this game doesn't work. BAAAAD game.'

So maybe make a provision somewhere to make note of this in case it confuses some people? Did me this morning before I realized what had happened.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can confirm what cr08 said, I fell into that trap a couple of times..

Also, when I use the rebooter and play a game, if I go back to the Wii Menu the situation is the same as cr08's description: the disc banner is kept in memory, but it doesn't load the game or any other backup from the Disc Channel until you use rebooter again.

edracon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ask-martymcfly.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Scrubbed games to work at all...
(scrubbed)Mario Super Sluggers - "Cannot read disk"
(scrubbed)Excite Truck - "Cannot read disk"
(scrubbed)Animal Crossing: CF - "Cannot read disk".... (with sad Resseti pic)

1:1 works fine though.... but I can't find a 1:1 of ACCF.

HazukiSon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyrianCubed said:
you know, I tried a scrubbed copy of Wii Music pal and I get a DRE at the very start, just after the wiimote gets sync'd. "Cannot read disk".

Wii Music Scrubbed version
PAL Wii
Burnt at 8x standard tesco dvd's (Assumed to be +r's)(I'm at work)
Works fine for me never had a single DRE
grog.gif

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
cr08 said:
if you are using the rebooter portion and booting from the disc channel, if you leave the disc in and do a soft-shutdown of the machine (wiiconnect enabled, amber light) and turn it back on, it has kept the disc in memory but is booting with the stock menu. So the disc channel will show the copied disc and even let you click the start button, but it tends to just simply freeze at a black screen after the fadeout.
Happens if you have wiiconnect disabled (red light) too - although rather than black screen I tend to get DREs/001 error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY