Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
saoriii said:
The TV hasn't had the Svideo so..... All my games in NTSC will be red or black and white u_u ?
Yep, that's the choice (or buy a TV with component - a little expensive just for the wii though ;>

s2003r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
movieson.ru
XP
Country
hi lads,
Quick question.. will BL_gamma work with Gamecube backup's ? i don't have any of them to try... but saw few games i'm interested in
smile.gif

thanks.

crislsizl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
little question:
brickblocking is important when trying to play ntsc isos on a pal system an reverse?
otherwise i dont need to brickblock?
and another one: don't i need to use the backup patcher anymore, since the gamma loader is released?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
crislsizl said:
little question:
brickblocking is important when trying to play ntsc isos on a pal system an reverse?
otherwise i dont need to brickblock?
and another one: don't i need to use the backup patcher anymore, since the gamma loader is released?
Yes, you only have to brickblock games that aren't of the region of your WII, you can even install updates from backups safely, AS LONG AS THE GAME HAS THE SAME REGION AS THE WII. And you don't need to use the backup patcher anymore, it's redundant.

EDIT: And 0.3gamma does NOT load Gamecube backups.

crislsizl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got a question about the mplayer which was also brought in the gamma loader pack:
when i try to quit the mplayer i get an error message and i have to click reset on the console,
and i there a way to put more streaming sources in the game than the ones which are already in there?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
crislsizl said:
so this site :
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3
is not important anymore?
is there a new list, which shows if some games work or don't with the gamma loader?
Well, it seems that wiki page is slowly being adapted to the compatibility of the new gamma loader, so if it says it doesn't work on that site, it may very well work with gamma anyway. But if it explicitly says it doesn't work with gamma, then you'll know, otherwise the entry could very well still be about the old beta loader.

pika81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated my 3.3 PAL Wii which had 0.3 beta running, now gamma runs like a charm.

This game previously didn't work but now it does with the new loader:

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, 1:1, Maxell DVD-R @ 2x

Great work and a big thumbs up for the authors !

Koziasty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're having a lot of issues - no, you shouldn't.

Verbatim DVD-r are really cheap (you can get 50 for 3quid [5bucks] here in UK, so i suppose you can get them even cheaper in the US), and they're perfect.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Maxell dvd-r's have no issues so far i have had really good luck and its the cheapest dvd-r at wal-mart
wink.gif

also SET BURN SPEED TO AUTO dont burn at 2.4x its not a PS1 game
wink.gif
lol

the wii games i have ALL WORK and burned on AUTO at 16x with imageburn I have a LOT of successful backups anything the wiki says works 99% of the time does....if it is NOT working it was a USER ERROR be it the Dump of the ISO being bad, the burn being bad, or the console not being set up right....

just something to keep in mind...account for user errors WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES just keep at it
wink.gif
everything will work out in the end
tongue.gif

XImplosionX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
Maxell dvd-r's have no issues so far i have had really good luck and its the cheapest dvd-r at wal-mart
wink.gif

also SET BURN SPEED TO AUTO dont burn at 2.4x its not a PS1 game
wink.gif
lol

the wii games i have ALL WORK and burned on AUTO at 16x with imageburn I have a LOT of successful backups anything the wiki says works 99% of the time does....if it is NOT working it was a USER ERROR be it the Dump of the ISO being bad, the burn being bad, or the console not being set up right....

just something to keep in mind...account for user errors WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES just keep at it
wink.gif
everything will work out in the end
tongue.gif
I'm aware I made the error. I've read the code for backup loader, simply fabulous. I'm new to the back up scene, so I don't know anything about burning the ISOs. THe ISO works (I can get about two days of play before I got DRE with them), so I think Kodak just SUCKS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled