Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, all. I managed to get it working. It was in fact an installation problem (cios was not installed properly), as India3 suggested. It had nothing to do with media, burning software/speed, etc.

So, for anyone receiving the error:

Set error: No DVD over Decrypt failed

do not assume it is a media issue.

Thanks again.
smile.gif

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
HaloBenish said:
Hmm, Wario Land wont boot for me, pre-patched and 1:1 both flash green for a second then hang on a back screen. Pre-Patched will boot on Waninkoko's but won't play for obvious reasons. Any suggestions

Is it NTSC or PAL?
I heard NTSC doesnt work.
People say patched works, but it didnt for me and it was a PAL patched, but it always crhsed at the cutscene, on 1:1 it works perfectually!
Also, Warioware suddenly started to work before!
Today is Wario day! 2 Wario games working in 1 day!
Its weried about warioware though...
It didnt works yesterday, but today it does!...
Thanks a lot WiiGator + Waninkoko!
I'm finally able to play 2 good games on the backup loader!

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
HankIII said:
zuka said:
Zeek03 said:
This version has given me horribe results. Only 2/15 patched games work, and all unpatched games give me "The disc cannot be read". This version is a failure to me.

Why me?
mad.gif
hate2.gif
cry.gif

Perhaps it is the way you are patching or burning your backups. Those in your situation are far and few and it's no surprise the easiest explanation for you is that it's the software and not something you did wrong instead. I'd take time to help you out but you haven't taken the time to ask...simply to complain
frown.gif

Save yourself the time and headaches and simply go out and buy the games you like. That's an alternative that guarantees 100% playability
wink.gif

In my opinion this version is GREAT and all releases and contributions help out the scene. Respect to all!!!

Yes, I agree with that.
smile.gif

All my patched games DID work with 0.1

Everyone seems to have disc read errors with 1:1 backups.

I'm not having any problems burning...

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
HankIII said:
zuka said:
Zeek03 said:
This version has given me horribe results. Only 2/15 patched games work, and all unpatched games give me "The disc cannot be read". This version is a failure to me.

Why me?
mad.gif
hate2.gif
cry.gif

Perhaps it is the way you are patching or burning your backups. Those in your situation are far and few and it's no surprise the easiest explanation for you is that it's the software and not something you did wrong instead. I'd take time to help you out but you haven't taken the time to ask...simply to complain
frown.gif

Save yourself the time and headaches and simply go out and buy the games you like. That's an alternative that guarantees 100% playability
wink.gif

In my opinion this version is GREAT and all releases and contributions help out the scene. Respect to all!!!

Yes, I agree with that.
smile.gif

All my patched games DID work with 0.1

Everyone seems to have disc read errors with 1:1 backups.

I'm not having any problems burning...
This is probably the reason why wiigator wanted to keep this in beta testing.
Maybe you could, pehaps, try NOT patching the game?

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
seems that it looks as if the BUL is goin to be a ongoin project do you think it could come to auto-update the way HBC does??

this would be really cool in the instance of installing it on a friends console and dont want to have to continuelly get him to bring it over to update..

i realise this would be a while down the roadmap but it would be a really good feature..

just wondering if this is technically possible.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That's probably why wiigator wanted to keep this in beta testing....

You just figured that out?! People know who I am talking about....they complain..complain...complain about this not working for them... Where's the gratitude?! If I was only able to play one damn compatible backup it was $$, I didn't spend not that I am trying endorse piracy, but I'd say 90% of us here are here for just that reason.. So why don't you just stop bitching and read and try until you succeed... I didn't even know how to work a wiiremote properly (and my 5 year old still shows me something new from time to time I didn't know)... So basically, I was a newbie to the homebrew channel kickoff and if the people complaining and pay attention to the details and not so much on the hype... then you could figure this out... I am not a rocket scientest, I am a damn construction worker...that reads every post in this thread, and others here plus a handful of other sites that I like... If you want to get this working like atleast 80% of the people who have...then you would stop posting pointless complaints and just read and reread and then read it while you are doing it... I bet you would get better results than just jumping around in a thread with just about every issue and complaint already said...it's vanity I tell you... I don't mean to put you down...and these people know who they are... but I thought this thread was about uncovered new results.. not a bitch session... I apologize to the GBATemp staff and the team that has acted respectfully about this awesome hack for a game console... but sometimes I just think people say some of the stupidest things in here...Overall, what I am saying is, PAY ATTENTION, if you have a newbie type question, I can bet money on it that if you just PM someone that you think may have a pretty good clue about any of this...then they would probably love to help you... so just stop, with the vanity, please. And again, thank you team Wiil Backup Loader contributers,especially Wg,Wan, DJTaz, that running guy who helped fix the update, and the beta testers and the other regulars who are nice.

Happy Halloween... didn't mean to vent so hard about it...just gets old to see the same questions over and over... PM me and I will help you get started or help troubleshoot... but don't ask something that was already covered 2 or 3 times before because you were too lazy to read... I have read every post in this thread. And it could be easily summed up and I think already has had in many attempts.. yet people fail to recognize this...

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
That's probably why wiigator wanted to keep this in beta testing....

You just figured that out?! People know who I am talking about....they complain..complain...complain about this not working for them... Where's the gratitude?! If I was only able to play one damn compatible backup it was $$, I didn't spend not that I am trying endorse piracy, but I'd say 90% of us here are here for just that reason.. So why don't you just stop bitching and read and try until you succeed...

I knew this was going to be the result of an open beta.
But it's already out, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiifan08 said:
a quick question

if i use pal games in my ntsc wii with backup launcher, is there any problem?
No!, Not at all, I have some PAL games I play on my NTSC wii. I have not experienced any issues.

winker_wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi im playing Boom Blox via a patched iso on version 0.3 the game works fine, but the wii drive does seem to doing a lot of reading back and forth......

is this normal. i' hate to ware the motor or read head out.

thanks in advance

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
winker_wii said:
Hi im playing Boom Blox via a patched iso on version 0.3 the game works fine, but the wii drive does seem to doing a lot of reading back and forth......

is this normal. i' hate to ware the motor or read head out.

thanks in advance
try MySims or No more heroes if you think boom blox reads a lot. it is normal - happens in the retail as well.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
wiigators backup launcher sucks shit, the first loader is better, i highly recomned that people don't use it at all, cept maybz coz ocarina

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
I read in a thread that are working on how to work with the iso 247, which can be performance and compatibility with more than 249 iso?
Wiigator still working to release the backup launcher v 0.3 alpha or is creating the version 0.4?
wacko.gif

shamone69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ieatpixels said:
wiigators backup launcher sucks shit, the first loader is better, i highly recomned that people don't use it at all, cept maybz coz ocarina

you are in the minority with that statement most find 0.3 great including me
ph34r.gif

drabag

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ieatpixels said:

Wow, impressive, pixels eater ! You'd better eat some respect, I think ! And a bit of typing effort too
rolleyes.gif

After all that, you perhaps can recommend things...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work