Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

MadMax83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Ive read this thread from page 1, and I have a couple of questions hopefully someone can help me with

Firstly, as version 0.3 is a beta, is there an official format for reporting errors… I Know there’s the compatibility list, but that seams very basic and more for users to see if its wroth getting a game rather than for helping fix bugs in software…

For proper error report I would have thought you would need to provide the CIOS your using, what version Firmware your Wii is running, Maybe even your Wii Version… then were about’s in the game it crashed, how long it was playing for, what options you chose to do in game… So if anyone could point me in the direction of an official format for reporting errors, that would be great!!!

Also, I notice Waninkoko has a donate button on his website… is there a way to donate to WiiGator as well to buy him a coffee for all his hard work???

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MadMax83 said:
Firstly, as version 0.3 is a beta, is there an official format for reporting errors… I Know there’s the compatibility list, but that seams very basic and more for users to see if its wroth getting a game rather than for helping fix bugs in software…
I wanted to open just such a thread. A thread for collecting all the games that don't work, as well as detailed information as to how and why this might be. Especially games that work for some yet don't work for others (Wario Land, Wii Music, Disaster, de Blob to name a few) need some documentation and discussion.

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Meowayne said:
MadMax83 said:
I wanted to open just such a thread. A thread for collecting all the games that don't work, as well as detailed information as to how and why this might be. Especially games that work for some yet don't work for others (Wario Land, Wii Music, Disaster, de Blob to name a few) need some documentation and discussion.

i think this is a good idea

Hideki-kun

Trophies
Website
techno-bite.com
XP
Country
Wii Music NTSC is working flawlessly on my PAL console. It's 1:1 (undecrypted) haven't had any errors on it, or crashes. DBZ:BT3, Fifa 09, Lego Starwars, Lego Batman, Guilty Gear and Naruto EX2 are all working Decrypted on my PAL Wii (3.2E)

MadMax83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If no one else has done this in the next few days, I may create a Web page which can track errors in a bit more detail... my plan is to have the options below which you can fill in... then ideally a search so people can find all the listings for the game there after, and see the exact scenarios the game has worked/failed, then ideally we can start to see patterns emerging as to what will and wont work under different scenarios.

Game Options
Game Name
Disc Region
Disc ID

Wii Options
CIOS Version
Loader Version
Firmware Version
Wii Version Number
Wii Region
Does your Wii have a Mod Chip

Loader Options
Loader Version
Force NTSC
Force Pal
Hook Type
Video Patch

Burn Options
DVD Media
Burn Speed
Patched

Results
Does Disk Boot
Do Videos Play smoothly
How far into game got (title screen, level 1, completed etc..)
If/When did problem occur
Which section of the game were you in
What game options had you selected
What was the approximate play time

Before I do this though, firstly can anyone think of any other options which may be useful to track.... also, do people think this would be useful and used???

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I think it's a good idea to create a more detailed matrix where we can input precise data of the tests we do, like game/consol region (i.e. Pal game on NTSC-U console, NTSC-J game on PAL console ecc), cIOS version installed ecc.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I get an error when i have gamecube cards inserted and try to boot a game
smile.gif

otherwise, all working well.

richiefs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MadMax83 said:
If no one else has done this in the next few days, I may create a Web page which can track errors in a bit more detail... my plan is to have the options below which you can fill in... then ideally a search so people can find all the listings for the game there after, and see the exact scenarios the game has worked/failed, then ideally we can start to see patterns emerging as to what will and wont work under different scenarios.

Game Options
Game Name
Disc Region
Disc ID

Wii Options
CIOS Version
Loader Version
Firmware Version
Wii Version Number
Wii Region
Does your Wii have a Mod Chip

Loader Options
Loader Version
Force NTSC
Force Pal
Hook Type
Video Patch

Burn Options
DVD Media
Burn Speed
Patched

Results
Does Disk Boot
Do Videos Play smoothly
How far into game got (title screen, level 1, completed etc..)
If/When did problem occur
Which section of the game were you in
What game options had you selected
What was the approximate play time

Before I do this though, firstly can anyone think of any other options which may be useful to track.... also, do people think this would be useful and used???

As often as you can, use dropdown lists to make data the cleanest possible. The less people can write, the better

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Great idea, whenever you are able to make it please make a new thread so people will see it and then we can get better/cleaner results.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
COVEREDINBEES said:
Newest wii firmware and HBC .9

I tried using the cIOS installer to overwrite the previous. No go. Used the waninkoko's uninstaller which detected and removed 249. When went to run the cIOS installer again, however, I still received errors. I checked with the uninstaller again just to be sure but no custom IOS was detected. The cIOS installer checks/downloads the approriate stuff and then errors on "ES_AddContentStart(somenumbers)"

Edit: Just read a similar problem further down in the forum. Boy, did I mess that up.
you are screwed. u unistalled cios with the latest formware, don't have patchmii core installed or anything like that. now it's impossible for you to install a cios agian. like mentioned a 1000 times in this and other threads: the fakesingning bug is fixed in the latest update. but u need fakesigning to install wads to your system memory. no fakesingning no installing of custom wads no cios no loader. period.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Screemer said:
COVEREDINBEES said:
Newest wii firmware and HBC .9

I tried using the cIOS installer to overwrite the previous. No go. Used the waninkoko's uninstaller which detected and removed 249. When went to run the cIOS installer again, however, I still received errors. I checked with the uninstaller again just to be sure but no custom IOS was detected. The cIOS installer checks/downloads the approriate stuff and then errors on "ES_AddContentStart(somenumbers)"

Edit: Just read a similar problem further down in the forum. Boy, did I mess that up.
you are screwed. u unistalled cios with the latest formware, don't have patchmii core installed or anything like that. now it's impossible for you to install a cios agian. like mentioned a 1000 times in this and other threads: the fakesingning bug is fixed in the latest update. but u need fakesigning to install wads to your system memory. no fakesingning no installing of custom wads no cios no loader. period.

Yeah, I havent even updated (I dont think I am ever).
Also, is this IOS51 installer and Wii Shop Channel installer safe?
I was going to install it, to get the wii shop channel back, but people were saying it could be unsafe and no-body knows what IOS51 could really be used for.
I dont really understand technical details, like that, so, I need your help.
Also, this may be a bit off-topic, but...
I was going to get Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon, but I'm not sure if the one I found will work...
On the backup loader 0.3 compatibility list, it said Dawn Of The Dragon was working, but it said 1:1, and I pressume he tried it on an NTSC console (because PAL isnt out yet), also, only 1 person has confirmed that, so it might not be reliable...
Has anyone tried this on a PAL console?
Also, if I get a wiiscrubed ISO of this game, does that mean its still 1:1, patched or neither?
Sorry if that was a bit off-topic, I'll remove it if a mod wishes me to.

bous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if anything new is known about the 'Disc read' error?

People have said it probably has to do with bad quality dvd media or burn speed.

If this is the case then I wonder how it is possible that some games do come up with this error while others don't.

I've burnt 3 games with the same media (Emtec DVD+R), same booktype (DVD-Rom), same burnsoftware & burner (IMGBurn & LG drive), all games are unpatched, all games are PAL on a PAL Wii (3.3 without shopping channel update).

1 game works perfect (Boom Blox), 2 games give me the disc read error (Link's crossbow training & Top Spin 3).

If it was due to bad media or burn speed all games would have to have the same problem right?

Will try with other iso's & other media.

Father Ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me here? Anyway i installed a cIOS WAD file for the original backup launcher aswell as DVDX. So I tried the new cIOS installer and it didnt work. So I tried to uninstall the previous version using Wanonkokos Cios unistaller. It went fine so I tried the installer and I get the same error something about http or network address? Unsure though. Anyone help?

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have over 60 and 55 of them work no joke the only games i seem to have problems with is mortal kombat madden 07 08and red steel ive got a nother 20 games to go and most of my patched games work

my system is running gators v.3 and the cios that he released it with

Leon2457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just about to try House of the Dead 2+3 Return, unpatched on the 0.3 Beta, is there any particular speed I should burn at?

Neoblast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question:
What causes the " disc read error, please read the wii manual and turn off the console" ?
Any way to fix those errors?
Also I'd like to thank Wiigator and everyone involved in this project

mushboom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd suggest you burn the game again with lower speed, or change the media. I also had the same problem with Mario Kart burnt with 4x. But when it is burnt with 2x everything works well.

Neoblast said:
One question:
What causes the " disc read error, please read the wii manual and turn off the console" ?
Any way to fix those errors?
Also I'd like to thank Wiigator and everyone involved in this project

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4