Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
@smurphyzeke: HBC can easlily be removed via the Wii system menu, if i remember correctly.

(okay, Jordan10la was way faster. I should've refreshed the site
wink.gif
)

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think someone should dump the IOS51 file from an updated wii decrypt it then undo the patches
by nintendo this is where the devs come in make in back into a cios then try to install it and see what happens or just dump the
IOS51 file from an updated wii then install the IOS51.WAD on the unupdated wii this is just a guess this is just a guess
I am thinking the new wad from nintendo isnt what updates the wii that probaly is the rest of and or hidden part of the update
itself the wad probaly is for the shop channell and new games this may help?

Does it make sense use wad manager to just install the wad and not the full update?

Just my 2 cents..... What do you think Wiigator/Waninkoko!

Pozas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egonny said:
Just burnt Wii Music [NTSC-U] on a DVD+R.
I just happens that when I start it up the screen is black.
I heard this is when you still have 3.2, which I do.
Any help?
Update to 3.3?

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pozas said:
Egonny said:
Any help?
Update to 3.3?
So then I update to 3.3, can't install any wads anymore and can't do anything to help it?
No thanks.
Any other ways?

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egonny said:
Pozas said:
Egonny said:
Any help?
Update to 3.3?
So then I update to 3.3, can't install any wads anymore and can't do anything to help it?
No thanks.
Any other ways?
no haha

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll just summarize what Blaze and his friend are saying: RAARGH WE'RE THE E-TASKFORCE AND WE'RE GOING TO TELL YOU YOU'RE WRONG, NO MATTER YOUR REASONS. YOU ARE CLEARLY NEW TO LIFE DUE TO HAVING JUST REGISTERED AND WE ARE SUPERIOR ARARAGAGH WHAARGARBL!111

whargarbl.jpg

Please. It's nice that he wants to polish the thing, but again, considering you don't read and just see 'NEWBIE 10 POSTS' I'll reiterate:

We know it's beta software. We know it's unauthorized software. YMMV. Rather than spend three months fixing two bugs he can't find, he's better off releasing it and having the community give him a larger number of reports. There will be plenty of useless reports, but there will be plenty of useful ones as well - this is, of course, unless we're being lied to about the state of the code to further hype, in which case... well, that's a sign of good vaporware to me!

I personally want it because I'm curious how the thing works. I know he'll never release the source, but a man can dream.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Motoko said:
Egonny said:
Pozas said:
Egonny said:
Any help?
Update to 3.3?
No thanks.
Any other ways?
no haha
Some people who AREN'T laughing with me?
hate2.gif

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, 'cause it's useless and stupid...If you could have waited a bit or read the 3 pages before, you would have seen that the new 3.3 version (pretend to be update for shopping channel but is actually a security fix, so a sort of 3.4), fixed not exactly the TP hack, but prevents the HBC to load the Homebrew, or wad manager to work, it's a great work from Nintendo, since they didn't only locked the wad installing process, but also prevented some stuff like the Downgrader to work... so for what i've read, you can go on installing the HBC, but you'll no more be able to load your homebrews...now you've to wait for BOOTMII, or Waninkoko to release a new downgrader, directly loaded through the TP hack... but as he's working with Wiigator on the loader...*sights* sorry for u guy, but ur over for a good time...

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i testet wii-music jap- and us-version and both work. im also at 3.2-EUR. i experienced some crashes that appeared randomly but it starts every time. i use wiigators loader 0.1 and the cIOS rev06 by wiigator.

use a DVD-R instead of DVD+R that should work.

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Egonny said:
Motoko said:
Egonny said:
Pozas said:
Egonny said:
Any help?
Update to 3.3?
No thanks.
Any other ways?
no haha
Some people who AREN'T laughing with me?
hate2.gif

u can update to 3.3 but NOT via WIFI !!! It will insztall the Nintendo Security Patch !! Use a game that has only the normal 3.3 update on it or take a look across the inet on which games there is the normal 3.3 version. I repeat : DO NOT UPDATE VIA WIFI. I guess there is an apdate on the Mario Kart DVD for 3.3, but that is just a guess...

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Meharis said:
u can update to 3.3 but NOT via WIFI !!! It will insztall the Nintendo Security Patch !! Use a game that has only the normal 3.3 update on it or take a look across the inet on which games there is the normal 3.3 version. I repeat : DO NOT UPDATE VIA WIFI. I guess there is an apdate on the Mario Kart DVD for 3.3, but that is just a guess...
Updated through MKWii, it keep being 3.2

@T-Error: Which setting do you further have?
Backup Launcher v0.2? cIOS_fix?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trilkin said:
I think I'll just summarize what Blaze and his friend are saying: RAARGH WE'RE THE E-TASKFORCE AND WE'RE GOING TO TELL YOU YOU'RE WRONG, NO MATTER YOUR REASONS. YOU ARE CLEARLY NEW TO LIFE DUE TO HAVING JUST REGISTERED AND WE ARE SUPERIOR ARARAGAGH WHAARGARBL!111

whargarbl.jpg

Please. It's nice that he wants to polish the thing, but again, considering you don't read and just see 'NEWBIE 10 POSTS' I'll reiterate:

We know it's beta software. We know it's unauthorized software. YMMV. Rather than spend three months fixing two bugs he can't find, he's better off releasing it and having the community give him a larger number of reports. There will be plenty of useless reports, but there will be plenty of useful ones as well - this is, of course, unless we're being lied to about the state of the code to further hype, in which case... well, that's a sign of good vaporware to me!

I personally want it because I'm curious how the thing works. I know he'll never release the source, but a man can dream.
first off why are you fucking with me? what could i have possibly done to you... yeah i know what my sig says and i stand by it because i have respect for WiiGator and can except "when it's done"... WiiGator isn't the guys from the duke nukem forever project, so stop treating this project like DNF... WiiGator has a life outside of this project and i don't expect him to take all of his free time and spend it on the BUL... and never did he say it would take 3 months for a release so where did you get THAT from, i don't think WiiGator is an inconsiderate prick so i HIGHLY DOUBT he would make us wait that long but if people keep it up with the "release it now now now" bullshit who knows

makiritare

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hello i have a question regarding the loader and bluetooth... (yeah i know it sound out of the blue) have any of you notice that games tend to hang up when loading if you are using a bluetooth device ie: mobile handsfree.

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egonny said:
Meharis said:
Updated through MKWii, it keep being 3.2

but that is just a guess...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiMusic (US) won't work with the red topped backup loader... at least on mine... only got it to work with the blue topped backup loader... but works great on 3.3a... not going to 3.3b!

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
everything is allright with 3.2 just use DVD-R. DVD+R only works if you change the booktype. i really wonder why you all tell him to update.

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
WiiMusic (US) won't work with the red topped backup loader... at least on mine... only got it to work with the blue topped backup loader... but works great on 3.3a... not going to 3.3b!

it`s a good idea to call the new one 3.3B, maybe then everyone will know what people talk about

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
T-Error said:
everything is allright with 3.2 just use DVD-R. DVD+R only works if you change the booktype. i really wonder why you all tell him to update.

LOL

jepp, burn it on a DVD-R and u r good to go. I misunderstood something...Sorry !!!
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: