GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jm9760 said:
GhostSonic said:
Jm9760 said:
Ok, I have a problem. I am installing waninkoko's new rev5 cios. It keeps giving me ret errors. I uninstalled dvdx and ios36 from anytitledeleter. Am I supposed to uninstall ios37? What's the problem?
You weren't supposed to uninstall ios36...
infact, you shouldn't unistall any non-cios (any ios that isn't in the 200's)

Well my wii is still working fine. Did I do any damage? Any idea why I can't install the cIOS?
Some games might require 36 or something and not work. I dunno why it won't install. You probably need ios36 installed, which I think you could reinstall ios36 through the wad manager assuming you have it's wad

bambam95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
goku1980 said:
ok i know 2 totaly diffrent systems but it sounds like we need a psp type of banner mod for it, so with that said what a bout psp firmware god dark alex maybe he can give some insight to our loader champions not saying they need any help hes good at making cfw ( i know what a noob ?)
?????? I'm sorry but how would that help

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe wouldn't help at all, but at least he's making a fair attempt at keeping it on topic
smile.gif

I like his style. Thinking about things that interest him, and he's not just saying "thank wani or wiigator" or asking a release date, or asking things that have been asked 350 times..

Good call Goku.

Might not have been something that appealed to everyones taste, but he posted something I don't remember seeing in the previous 189 pages.

Also, I would like to commend Gaisuto for not banning 3/4 of the kids posting here, (i'll get flamed for this) but as a site Admin for a couple sites, it's nearly amazing to heard a crowd of (sometimes angry) kids for this long without having to close it.. and Gaisuto has managed that (maybe not single-handedly) but it still remains open, and by-golly people are actually getting the hint.. down to 116 reading, compared to the 401 I saw about 6.5 hours ago. (they might all be in night-night land for school tomorrow too.) but, never-the-less, he has showed a tremendous amount of patience towards us all, and I think that the least we can do is show him the same amount of respect he has shown to us.

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GhostSonic said:
Jm9760 said:
GhostSonic said:
Jm9760 said:
Ok, I have a problem. I am installing waninkoko's new rev5 cios. It keeps giving me ret errors. I uninstalled dvdx and ios36 from anytitledeleter. Am I supposed to uninstall ios37? What's the problem?

Well my wii is still working fine. Did I do any damage? Any idea why I can't install the cIOS?
Some games might require 36 or something and not work. I dunno why it won't install. You probably need ios36 installed, which I think you could reinstall ios36 through the wad manager assuming you have it's wad

The cIOS wouldn't install before I deleted 36. Doesn't the cIOS override 36 anyway?

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jm9760 said:
GhostSonic said:
Jm9760 said:
GhostSonic said:
Jm9760 said:

The cIOS wouldn't install before I deleted 36. Doesn't the cIOS override 36 anyway?
no, it installs as IOS249. You could try installing the cios_fix.wad in the wad manager. That works too.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just an idea tought another person with some experince might help out but off topic

is it poss that the back up creator removes it in anyway

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
removes the banner, im no coder or even a tester i just got into homebrew last year like i said i know 2 diffrent systems but same princaple or am i tolaly wrong

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jm9760 said:
QUOTE said:
no, it installs as IOS249. You could try installing the cios_fix.wad in the wad manager. That works too.

No, that's dvdx that installs 249.
Wrong, ever sense before dvdx was realeased, the cios always installed as 249. DVDx is just installed TO 249, not AS 249. DVDx is a hidden channel, not an IOS.

walbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GhostSonic said:
The wii is not a psp.

The back up creator removes what now?

Official Wii DVDs are encrypted with a private key and distributed with a signed public key that can be used to decrypt them. The protection is there so that third party game publishers are required to go through Nintendo in order to have a game that works on the Wii. The back up creator decrypts the iso, and the (current) backup loader loads a decrypted ISO.

WiiGator's 0.3 version is rumored to be able to handle the decription at the cIOS level, so that decrypting the dvd prior to burning it is no longer necessary.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so let me see now

so creating a cios(wiis oparting if i understanding right) with the launcher as the disc channel,maybe mplayer or geexbox as another channel and is there a forum for this topic

back to the loader at hand now im using the loader channel gators with the red banner and i cant get mortal kombat to run or any madden game for that matter dose the disabled hook fix the issue?

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goku.. just wait.. don't get all too crazy with installing the other stuff, especially if your not really familiar with the progress up until now.

Hang out and make some friends, and find some other forums to hang out and post in, and keep checking back every once in a while, and there will be a backup loader that will play almost any game you can think of, without a hiccup.. it will be like your playing the original game. (that you obviously purchased, and are only playing a backup copy, that you, yourself made.)

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, back on topic, sort of...

I know IOS is Wii, and MIOS is GC... how hard will it be to hack MIOS to play gamecube backups as well?

can it be done, or is this a v6 or v7 of WiiGators plan?

Would love to learn, but #wiidev is full of hypocritical bastards who are so full of themselves, they don't share any info...

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok v.3 is going to b the shizzle but the other stuff was just an idea havent seen anything like that for the wii but a nice thought thanx for being understanding with a noob but you got to admit that is the next stop

so is the any news about the progress of the loader (not asking 4 a r-day) other then whats been said already

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
progress of the loader, to sum it up for you.. a few pages back, and several time before that, the progress on the loader has been stated as this: it's in the vicinity of being done, it plays unpatched ISOs well, and there are a couply hiccups, and they are working on making patched backups work. they are going to take the necessary steps to ensure that everything is working to their satisfaction, and then, they will release it.

best thing to do is to get a good nights sleep, because it's not coming out tonight, and probably not anytime within the month. don't fester over it.

It's handled.

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't ask for progress. Lurk moar, there have been videos of the latest progress.

Be smart and search around before you start asking any questions that have already been answered 9001 times.

Read the FAQs that have been posted on the loader.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got a question about Menu Loader.. not sure if I'll get deleted or not, but worth a shot...

I'm loading via HomeBrew Channel (made an icon and xml sheet for it)

I've tried 249, 37, 36, 35... but I can't get it to load with 1:1 or patched... I turn on Region US, is that what I'm doing wrong?

Just wanna see it load the title for backups on my own Wii, lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non ga me music