Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiGator said:
The test results are good, but there are still some problems with patched games. I want to fix this first.
Fair enough. What I'm wondering though, is why the patched games act so much more inconsistent. Considering that it's just a decrypted version of the original ISO, there really shouldn't be much more to it then just not using the on the fly decrypting in the code and it should run. But apparently it's a little more difficult than that. Oh well, I don't know anything about the technical specifics of this, so what am I blabbering about, right?

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
The test results are good, but there are still some problems with patched games. I want to fix this first.

Take your time WiiGator.
This is gonna be the best thing outta Germany since Oktoberfest
grog.gif

Also, would it be possible in the future to have a Loader that boots ISO's from a USB Harddrive? Or does the USB read too slow for that?

AudioSX

Trophies
XP
Country
All of this is quite confusing. I can't se no logical reason why support for patched ISOs should be added now that it's working without modifying the ISO. It's clearly a BETA, people should accept that fact.

Just my two cents..

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
wabsta said:
LegendaryXM90 said:
OH!! Here's a question that hasn't been asked yet.

Will the new loader support DVD-/+RWs or is that an impossibility?
What were the supported DVD types in the last version?

The Wii reads DVD-R better, but it has no problems reading some DVD+R and my DVD+RW works fine as well.
QUOTE(WiiGator @ Oct 19 2008, 09:36 PM)
That's awesome news! So you want to keep supporting the old, patched backups? That's nice. I have backed up some of my games already, and they work fine. I would hate to render them useless with an update.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next release.

smitty1258

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the more questions you ppl ask, the more time we have to wait.

let the man work his magic, instead of having to read and reply here!

298 User(s) are reading this topic (177 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users)

leonheart_a

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for everything so far. Especially the fact that your doing your best with patched ISO's.
Take your time, i see no reason why you should rush this release.

Keep up the good work Wiigator!
smile.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, so people may have burned some patched games, but they are getting the opportunity to play these games for FREE.

If it's going to be a whole lot longer just to keep in the patch support I'd rather go without (I myself have burned several games, but would still prefer to burn unpatched ones again)

But ultimately it's up to wiigator
wink.gif

jughead1111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree I have 10 patched games and would throw them all in the trash release 2 versions because I would rather play 1:1 copies please Wiigator pretty please I have 1:1 games that I want to try thanx for all you hard work and if this is that important than I will wait but I think most people will agree that 1:1 now is better than patched 1 2 or more days from now

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Wonder what patched games are still not working on it...If we had to...we could just use the regular on those particular ones...because after this is out...who will be patching games in the days to come?
So is it really necessary to even worry about a few patched games if it plays the others just fine?
Not making any accusations.. but is that really why it hasn't been officially released? Think about it... I am under the assumption that all orginal iso's work... and the patched ones as well minus a few... so we just use original iso's with those backups and the rest unfolds itself to burning everything as original iso's.... just a thought...

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maikel Steneker said:
wabsta said:
LegendaryXM90 said:
OH!! Here's a question that hasn't been asked yet.

Will the new loader support DVD-/+RWs or is that an impossibility?
What were the supported DVD types in the last version?
The Wii reads DVD-R better, but it has no problems reading some DVD+R and my DVD+RW works fine as well.
Okay, but, let's say Platinum, a very cheap dvd+r brand, those would be impossible right?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know with the amount of ignorance on thiese boards, i can understand why waninkoko dropped his version, and honestly i wouldnt blame wiigator if he decided to keep his private no one has any right to beg or complain about FREE software that someone is working on. If your that impatient learn to code and write the damn loader yourselves

Venom228

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i want it right now because i have a really bad strep throat and high fever i cant really leave me room cause it can get other people really sick so i just need something to do.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Venom228 said:
i want it right now because i have a really bad strep throat and high fever i cant really leave me room cause it can get other people really sick so i just need something to do.
Well, hanging out here really kills time easily, so you're doing a great job at keeping yourself busy already
wink.gif

P.S. Sorry for the Offtopic.

dr99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AudioSX said:
All of this is quite confusing. I can't se no logical reason why support for patched ISOs should be added now that it's working without modifying the ISO. It's clearly a BETA, people should accept that fact.

Just my two cents..

because a lot of people were bitching and moaning about having to reburn their backups. instead of being grateful for all the hard work wiigator put into this, they want him to work some more so they can save a few dvdr.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok