Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

nebiru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love to test the new version...yeah, I know not alot of posts behind me, more of a lurker here.

Just don't see the point of leaking something. What honestly does it accomplish, you prove you can't be trusted, your word and honor are worthless, and the whole community hates and despises you.

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I implore you to not let newer members test the beta loader. Im sure many of us don't want this leaked. I don't want another dev to be forced away.

But as a poster on the last page said, how much faster is the read speed now? Has video improved at all?

Oh, and I would really like the newer banner that was posted to be used, it looks excellent and im even considering injecting it into the 0.1 loader.

Shadowmoses said:
i made this custom backup banner, if someone want to use it to make a channel:

backupnz5.png

Although I don't like the font on the K, but I can live.

hencthurk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude I've been lurking for years, I have 15 games to test it on PAL...

Just a couple questions though...

1. Loading is faster yay!
smile.gif
I know it's subjective but does it really make difference, is it noticabaly faster/close to retail?

2. For those who have the original one installed, what would be needed to done to install the newer version? (what can we uninstall?)

oh edit: games include,

Cooking mama, Ferrari, House of the Dead, Metal Slug, Boom Blox, GeoWars, Resident Evil UC, Korinpopa Marble mania, Lego Batman, Fifa09 ect...

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I would only let trusted members of the community be in the beta. People that were here before Backup Loader was even announced.

amrum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
Hello,

I need testers for the next version. Here are some notes:
- The files are not for public release. Don't give the files to others. If anybody give it away, I will not release the source code, until it is finished. Public release will be later.
- The files should not brick your Wii. But in general before changing something in the NAND, you should dump your NAND and your keys (e.g. with xyzzy). You should also have the homebrew channel installed, so you have the ability to use SaveMii.
- The load time is faster, but not fast enough for video.
- Fixed strange bugs like the Mario-Kart second race problem.
- dvdx is not required anymore.
- DVDs need still to be converted.
- I think it will not fix games, that doesn't start at all. This should fix bugs within games.

Who have enough games for a good test?

Thanks for the time you spend on it Wiigator.

Leon2457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can understand people thinking I'm just a noob looking for a Back-up Loader to "test" and eventually Leak,. but trust me, I may be titled "noob" right now, but I know a fair bit about Wii Homebrew and Testing Beta Homebrew.

^^ sorry if it sounds like im being a noob XD

OmniSlash2o6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Strange Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition freezes when I go to the Load Game screen O.o. makes a Irritating NOIse and then ya can't do nothing have to remove the power plug...but I'm assumming its my Wii so I'm formating my flash and then reinstalling everything..I know it isn't lenses though since it can read my originals. I'll come back after I get my USB for my microsd card back from my friend -.-.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OmniSlash2o6 said:
Strange Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition freezes when I go to the Load Game screen O.o. makes a Irritating NOIse and then ya can't do nothing have to remove the power plug...but I'm assumming its my Wii so I'm formating my flash and then reinstalling everything..I know it isn't lenses though since it can read my originals. I'll come back after I get my USB for my microsd card back from my friend -.-.
I have the same problem with the Beta. I loaded up NBA Live 09, it gets to the load screen then freezes so I unplug the Wii. I try other games but they don't even get pass the Backup Loader screen. Whats worse, I can't even use the old backup loader cause it freezes when I boot it up and I get a black screen.

surcouf84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,
I have a Pal Wii with more than twenty Pal and Ntsc patch game.
I will really like to test the new loader and i will not leak it.
PM me if you want.
wink.gif
smile.gif

hyperg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamersvlog.com
XP
Country
United States
if he can pm me or just whois me on efnet (same nick) , pm me on there then i'd like to talk to wiigator about his wii loader . I've got a site dedicated for his project set aside , so be a good place and we can set it straight so we have a beta team in place . Previous beta tester for xbmc , and many ps2 emulators and xbox emulator ports.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
OmniSlash2o6 said:
I have the same problem with the Beta. I loaded up NBA Live 09, it gets to the load screen then freezes so I unplug the Wii. I try other games but they don't even get pass the Backup Loader screen. Whats worse, I can't even use the old backup loader cause it freezes when I boot it up and I get a black screen.

You don't have to uplug your wii when the loader/game crashes. Just hold the power button down for a few seconds and it'll shut off.

WiiGator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The result of the test is: The most games are not working with the new version (doesn't even start). There seems to be problems, because I replaced the DIP module completely. It is not worth to use this version.

Speed of the drive is still 3x, but the read is optimized.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
The result of the test is: The most games are not working with the new version (doesn't even start). There seems to be problems, because I replaced the DIP module completely. It is not worth to use this version.

Speed of the drive is still 3x, but the read is optimized.

Isn't there a way to optimized the read without replacing the DIP module?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P