Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

0Assassin0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a guide anywhere that explains exactly what to install and how? i have never modded my wii before so i don`t know how to install the files needed (what exactly are they?) do i just transfer them from my mac to a mem stick and put in the wii? sorry for being such a noob

0Assassin0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meowayne said:
skedone: That's great! Especially games like de Blob should be supported.

Assassin: http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index....e_Backup_Loader This is what you're looking for. If you don't even have the homebrew channel installed, please don't ask here. There's plenty of tutorials in the interwebz. Getting this to run requires patience and a lot of reading.

thanx alot for the info. in the tutorial under prep/sd setup is says Rename "dvd-backup.dol" to "boot.dol" and create a folder titled "loader". Place the .dol in that folder. is that the same as using the backup loader inc icon by w4aqar or is it totaly different? also can i just put the channel version.dol.wad in the wad folder and install that? from what i`m guessing is the first way you just launch the launcher from the hombrew channel or you can install a launcher channel using the channel version.dol.wad it it will be a loader channel that always shows up on the wii menu. am i right? thanx for the help

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm having problems with the loader.I start it put the game hit Launch Game then I get to a black screen and game never loads.The wiimote is on.I'm using The Force Unleashed burn at 4x was working yesterday.

toasterhead219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i'm having problems with de blob it freezes on one of the first credit/'licensed by nintendo' screens. fuji film dvd-r rated at 16x burnt at 1x. what is the best brand of dvds to use?

toasterhead219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skedone said:
well mate it runs fine for me so i would say the burn or the disks is the error also are u sure its freezing

i took out the battery and tried to reconnect the wii mote and no response. what type of disks are you using?

Posts merged

QUOTE(skedone @ Sep 28 2008, 03:52 PM) well mate it runs fine for me so i would say the burn or the disks is the error also are u sure its freezing

i took out the battery and tried to reconnect the wii mote and no response. what type of disks are you using?

tenox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more or less then a noob...

anyway.. homebrew channel was the first thing i had to do with the leaked loader.. i installed it .. and got it to load.. now for this.. i have the file "HB-backuplauncher.dol.wad" .. do i install this with the manager thing.. or just put it on the SDcard with a folder on the APPs folder?

also. the leaked loader didnt work for me cause i have wiifree

will this not work for me as well? or did someone with a chip try it with a success?

studnikov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tenox said:
now for this.. i have the file "HB-backuplauncher.dol.wad" .. do i install this with the manager thing.. or just put it on the SDcard with a folder on the APPs folder?
Create a folder in the root of your SD card, name it wad, Put 'HB-backuplauncher.dol.wad' in the wad folder. Then load it from the HB channel using wadmanager121.

studnikov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
idunnoilikends said:
I still need wiigators cios_installer
Anyone have it?

geckooscios_installer will install a custom IOS v6 which is same as Waninkokos cIOS v5.
You don't need to install it, if you already installed cIOS v5.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
studnikov said:
idunnoilikends said:
I still need wiigators cios_installer
Anyone have it?

geckooscios_installer will install a custom IOS v6 which is same as Waninkokos cIOS v5.
You don't need to install it, if you already installed cIOS v5.
I'm curious, does the cios_installer from Backup Launcher also have the cIOS patches?
Like DVD_LowEncryptedRead?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think that the project should be called Virtual Modchip, the old GeckoOS colors could be replaced with silver and the robot-like lines and it could have a TV in the top left corner with a WiiKey picture on it, like a Virtual Modchip.

Just my idea though.

toasterhead219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tried de blob at 3 different speeds. 1x, 8x, 16x... to my surprise 16x worked the best. i thought the lower the speed the more likely it was to work? 1x was the worst and 8x was in the middle

davegazi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Super Sluggers NTSC
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves NTSC
ADDED: Super Mario Galaxy NTSC

Hardware:
NTSC (US) Wii 3.3U
Stock A/V Cables
NTSC only TV

How backed up:
Plextor 716A
Imation DVD+R 8x
Imgburn 2.4.2. (Write speed set at MAX, booktype DVD-ROM, stats: avg write 7.6x, max write 9.2x)

Performance:
MSS - Choppy vid, game loaded, I didn't go any further to check gameplay. Perhaps later. I'm so tickled it finally worked. Nice improvement WiiGator. I could never get this to work with the previous iteration of the loader. Nice not to get a GSOD.

WWSM - Choppy vid, game loaded. No hindrance in actual gameplay noted. This game would play nicely if you could hit a button to skip the cut scenes.

ADDED: SMG - No flaws. Longish load time, but I didn't even notice choppy video. Woohoo.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1