Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know...... I have component for NTSC-U and I was playin it just fine on the original loader...

pretty sure its on your end though.

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
NTSC-US Mario Kart Wii works fine too. Though I don't think Wi-Fi works. I tried getting on Wi-Fi and I was about to race but then it said i was disconnected from the other players. Was that just the Wi-Fi? Or was it that Wi-Fi rejecting the backup?

It seems to be because the load times at 3x are significantly longer than that of a standard 6x copy. Ive been able to connect successfully, join a few matches and also watch the current race in progress just fine... but yes after you're "Preparing the Race" (as the wii is negotiating and such with the server) the load time it takes to load the next menu could easily be seen by the server as a delay and your client times out. (Hence the "disconnected from other players" message). The server leaves you behind hehe

That being said, It seems we have to break the 3x limit before we see any Kart online racing.

EDIT: To verify, i'll burn Mario Strikers and see how the online play functions...will update.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so in order to play on wifi, we need 6x read speed. Lets get hackin on starlet then.......

WII REQUIRE MOAR SPEED!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
Raiyu245 said:
NTSC-US Mario Kart Wii works fine too. Though I don't think Wi-Fi works. I tried getting on Wi-Fi and I was about to race but then it said i was disconnected from the other players. Was that just the Wi-Fi? Or was it that Wi-Fi rejecting the backup?

It seems to be because the load times at 3x are significantly longer than that of a standard 6x copy. Ive been able to connect successfully and also join a few matches and watched the current race in progress just fine, but yes after you're "Preparing the Race" (as the wii is negotiating and such with the server) the load time it takes to load the next menu could easily be seen by the server as a delay and your client times out. (Hence the "disconnected from other players" message). The server leaves you behind hehe
If thats the case, you'd have to burn it at 3x on a Wi-Fi game to connect to Wi-Fi, other wise it'll know your using a fake and disconnect you?

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
If thats the case, you'd have to burn it at 3x on a Wi-Fi game to connect to Wi-Fi, other wise it'll know your using a fake and disconnect you?
No you misunderstand. He is saying the game doesn't load quick enough and the server assumes your connection was dropped since your console isn't sending data while its reading the DVD.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if you already use the leaked version is it okay to just install the channel wad and away you go or will that coarse a problem

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Forsaekn said:
Raiyu245 said:

It seems to be because the load times at 3x are significantly longer than that of a standard 6x copy. Ive been able to connect successfully and also join a few matches and watched the current race in progress just fine, but yes after you're "Preparing the Race" (as the wii is negotiating and such with the server) the load time it takes to load the next menu could easily be seen by the server as a delay and your client times out. (Hence the "disconnected from other players" message). The server leaves you behind hehe

Oh no no let me clarify, there seems to be no "fake" or "backup" detection mechanisms taking place here, its just the client (your wii console) desynching from the server because while everyone else has loaded and is waiting, your wii is only reading at half speed (due to the backup loader limitation at the moment) and because your wii is taking too long to tell the server you're ready, it thinks you disconnected (lost net, shut off your wii, you name it) and kicks you.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ciper said:
Raiyu245 said:
No you misunderstand. He is saying the game doesn't load quick enough and the server assumes your connection was dropped since your console isn't sending data while its reading the DVD.
Yeah, I reread it again, and I misread. But even so, modchips could still do it even though there backups. How can they still connect?

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ONCE AGAIN you miss reading it the backup load reads only at 3x speed mod chip read at full speed due to the fact they bypass the drive chip

anyone anwser my question now please? also at ace gunman have you ever been to my web site?

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modchips read backup discs differently than a loader (software modification) and are able to read discs at a standard 6x speed.

RIP my wiikey...:'(

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skedone said:
so if you already use the leaked version is it okay to just install the channel wad and away you go or will that coarse a problem

if by leaked version you are referring to Waninkoko's Loader, then yes if that is already installed and working correctly you can just install the channel wad for this open source loader.

~Fors

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skedone said:
ONCE AGAIN you miss reading it the backup load reads only at 3x speed mod chip read at full speed due to the fact they bypass the drive chip

anyone anwser my question now please? also at ace gunman have you ever been to my web site?
How the hell was I supposed to know mod chips read at full speed?

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will we be able to play GC backups soon? If have a quick question too. since this is thru wii mode, and if we get GC backups, can we use classic controller to play GC games? I really dont like being wiired again because of GC games........

link2877

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that Tales of Symphonia : Knight of Ratatosk now works perfectly (besides the shuttering in the opening movie) it use to just freeze on a grey screen, I played it for half an hour without any problems. thanks for the release guys

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've been reading through here very carefully. And now I must ask what are the prerequisites to have before using the geckos.dol? Do I still need DVDX at 249? Where can I get the reinstaller(Each time I try to access DVDX I get a ret -6 error)?

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is the new version.
BackupLauncher

Post if its Working

WiiGator Quote

I changed the readme and the name to backup launcher. The graphic is also changed and I removed the author names from the about menu. If anybody has compiled it, please recompile it. Don't share the old version to respect the wishes of nuke.

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend the mods delete/rename any thread with "GECKO OS BACKUP" or any of that nonsense, since it makes it seem like it's a new Gecko OS version that supports piracy, which the creators don't.

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
56killer said:
Here is the new version.
BackupLauncher

Post if its Working

WiiGator Quote

I changed the readme and the name to backup launcher. The graphic is also changed and I removed the author names from the about menu. If anybody has compiled it, please recompile it. Don't share the old version to respect the wishes of nuke.

Can Anyone make a channel from this dol file or if anyone can tell me how i can make a channel that would be great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True it's good eats like uremom
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    shows what you know nobody would ever say that about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    yAawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    eez nuts
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that new prime X flavor and almost gagged in my mouth lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised, with your awesome gag reflexs you have B-)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well for being with your wife for so long I have self control
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    obamna
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    SODA
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: