NightMover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What’s your backup habit like?

Considering apps needs you to backup saves one by one…. How do you backup?

How often?

Do you care more about some games than others?

I love how on 3DS… checkpoint lets you backup everything at once.

Last edited by NightMover,

PlatyPete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backup my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate save after every session; several hundred hours go into those games, and my Wii U is so temperamental I'm really anxious about losing my progress :0

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I backup my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate save after every session; several hundred hours go into those games, and my Wii U is so temperamental I'm really anxious about losing my progress :0
You could put it on USB and backup otp and seeprom once. If your Wii U dies, you could still extract it from the USB

NightMover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could put it on USB and backup otp and seeprom once. If your Wii U dies, you could still extract it from the USB
Can you elaborate what you mean?
Do you mean if the game is installed on an external USB you can still salvage the saved game?

What is backup otp?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you mean if the game is installed on an external USB you can still salvage the saved game?
As long as you have the decription keys, which are stored in OTP and SEEPROM you can just extract the files on your PC after the Wii U died.

What is backup otp?
That thing every guide on this planet tells you to dump and store on a save place... :P

Are you on Aroma or Tiramisu? if so hold (B) on the gamepad while booting and then continue from here: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/aroma/nand-backup (just this one side, don't follow the steps on the next sites as you just want the dumps).

And then, in the future when you want to dump the saves from the HDD, you'll need https://github.com/koolkdev/wfs-tools

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes if the game is installed on USB also the save will go there.
But to extract them from there you need the encryption keys of the console and for these you need the otp and seeprom. You can get them with the nanddumper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: